A Senior Software Engineer (JAVA) is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. Opportunity to work in a Global Company that utilises IOT, Big Data and Bluetooth to drive innovation throughout their product range. Company deals with Firmware, Server, database, front end development and mobile Apps. Dynamic environment using AGILE methodologies that promotes collaboration between different development teams. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
* Designing and developing features in a highly scalable environment to high standards.
* Working with customer, project and product managers to design solution.
* Building for high volume platforms: linking users worldwide at the same time.
* Get involved in recommending, evaluating and implementing the best solutions.
* Working in a cross-functional agile team you will be developing features end-to-end across the software stack and responsible for all non-functional capabilities. Help to define and drive strict development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing and documentation.
* Self-management skills, particularly in respect to prioritization and execution.
* Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
* Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
* Creation and review of user stories and tasks within the Agile Development model.
* Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology.
* Help to define and drive development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing and documentation.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and autonomy are essential.
* Mentoring of junior team members.
* Team lead
* Level 8 Degree required.
* Full Stack Engineer with 5+ years Java software development experience.
* System uses Tomcat, JBoss (Wildfly) and micro services applications on a MS SQL environment.
* Strong software design skills with a deep understanding of OO programming fundamentals and design patterns
* Experience developing highly scalable software solutions for high volume platforms
* Strong coding skills with proven ability to write well documented, maintainable, and testable code.
* Experience of applying unit testing techniques using frameworks.
* AGILE SCRUM work environment.
* A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of web trends, best practices, and new technologies with the drive to stay informed on upcoming trends.
* Performance analysis/tuning experience is desirable
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences, ICT, Engineering, Food and Agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.