A global corporate bank is now looking to hire a junior capital markets or structured finance lawyer into its Transaction Management Group (“TMG”) which is part of the Trust and Agency Services business of the Corporate Bank and comprises both Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipts product lines.
Corporate Trust provides agency, trustee and depositary services to the international capital markets and acts on a wide range of debt and equity instruments providing the roles of trustee, collateral agent, cash manager, escrow agent, principal paying agent and registrar.
The Depositary Receipts business provides services in connection with the establishment of both capital raising and non-capital raising American depositary receipt and global depositary receipt programs for corporate issuers around the world.
TMG takes the leading role managing the establishment of both capital raising and non-capital raising American Depositary Receipt and Global Depositary Receipt programs for corporate issuers around the world, including overseeing external counsel, and advises the business on complex corporate actions, new markets and new product development.
Transaction Managers work with TAS colleagues from sales, client management and corporate actions teams based predominantly in London, New York and Hong Kong.
TMG also leads efforts to mitigate risks to the business, which includes coordination with stakeholders such as legal, compliance, anti-financial crime and tax.
* Leading transaction structuring and documentation negotiation for the Depositary Receipts business and coordinating with our appointed external counsel, the working group for the client’s transaction and internal stakeholders.
* Understanding transactions comprehensively, including regulatory requirements and filings through to settlement mechanics.
* Working closely with the Depositary Receipts pricing committee to draft and negotiate client engagement letters
* You will take an active role on entering new markets, supporting new product development and provide advice as needed on complex corporate actions.
* Providing day-to-day client support and dealing with periodic documentation issues.
* Assisting as required with internal strategic and regulatory driven projects
* Support new business opportunities by contributing to RFPs and / or sales and marketing materials, and participation in pitches to clients and prospects.
* You will also be called upon from time to time to support the Corporate Trust business reviewing and negotiating documentation for structured finance transactions, as well as restructurings and amendments
You will have some / all of the following:
* Legal qualification (preferably US) with international capital markets experience (equity or debt), preferably with a major law firm and/or in-house transactional experience at a top-tier bank.
* Experience of documentation reviewing and negotiating practices
* Track record in working on deal teams closing transactions in similar or related business area.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, with particular strength in negotiation.
* Foreign language skills including German, Italian, Spanish, French and Russian would be beneficial
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.