Principal Scientist – Data Steward
This is an exciting role offering the opportunity to join a global pharmaceutical company based in Vienna, Austria. Biomedical research is turning into information science, with an ever-increasing availability of multi-omics data sets ranging from pre-clinical models to patient data. As a Data Steward you support and drive the implementation and maintenance of sustainable and comprehensive data assets according to FAIR principles. You will actively contribute to the introduction and modelling of new data concepts, unlocking the full potential of data democratization.
Tasks and Responsibilities Include:
• As a data steward you are responsible for overseeing data along the full life cycle
• In close interaction with other data stewards, you drive the incorporation of FAIR principles in everyday data management practices
• Within your domain, you are accountable for establishing and implementing data quality metrics, ensure internal adaptation of domain-specific data and metadata standards
• You identify, validate and exploit new external data sources provided by academic and commercial partners
• In close collaboration with data engineers and developers you contribute to the development of data analysis and visualization platforms
• PhD in biology, chemistry, bioinformatics, information sciences or a related field, alternatively completed Master studies with several years of professional experience
• Understanding of data domains that are relevant for pre-clinical and clinical drug discovery and development
• Profound understanding of data integration- and management concepts like semantic data integration or FAIR principles
• Familiarity with IT data infrastructure concepts like relational and graph data bases, data lakes
• Experience with programming and query languages (R, Python, Java, SQL, SPARQL) big data and cloud computing
This is a highly challenging, technical role offering a competitive remuneration package and some great benefits such as life insurance, pension, bonus scheme and relocation allowance.
Please do not hesitate to contact Harvey Uppal at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+44) 121 616 3407 to discuss this opportunity further.
Keywords: Data, Steward, Database, Management, Digital, Governance, Pharma, Bioinformatics, Computational, Biology, Semantic, Lakes, Integration, Genomics, Drug, Discovery, Fair, Vienna.