We are looking for a Product Development Technologist with a focus on powder nutrition in Utrecht! The Product Development Technologist Powder is responsible for developing new formulas for the youngest among us!
Do you consider yourself the specialist who is looking for a step up in an innovative and international work envrionment? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application.
In this role the Product Technologist Powder is expected to participate in cross-functional projects, contributing & leading product development activities for projects involving compliance, efficiency, capacity development, outsourcing and transfer activities. This has the focus on the project of nutrition powder products.
As Product Development Technologist you have the following personal skills:
• Hands-on and independent , with affinity to detail and strong problem solving skills;
• Driven to face and overcome challenges in a dynamic and demanding environment;
• Positive & outgoing personality able to engage with others in a multi-disciplinary and complex environment.
The main responsibilities of Product Development Technologist are:
• Ensures that the products comply with nutritional, sensory, physical and chemical requirements and fulfill the needs of the end user;
• Ensure new and reformulated products can be implemented on production scale and that targeted product performance as well as operational efficiencies are achieved
• Participates in and manages various challenging product development projects in multidisciplinary teams with colleagues from research, operations, marketing and external partners
• Follows trends and technological developments in the nutritional food business and translates these into new products, savings and /or improvements.
The initial contract will be for 6 months but with the intent to converted into a permanent contract (based on performance) .
Salary indication depends on education and previous experience but varies between €4000-5000,- gross per month. Do you prefer to fill this role as a freelancer? Feel free to get in touch and discuss the details!
As Product Development Technologist Powder, you have the following qualifications:
* M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Food Science and Technology or similar educational background;
* At least 4 years of experience in product development in food business, preferably experience with dairy ingredients, powder handling and/or spray drying and is a plus;
* Experience with working in cross-functional project teams with internal and external stakeholders, leading technical stream, with set targets and time frames;
* Comfortable working in an international and dynamic organization, with various functional disciplines at several locations.