International Baccalaureate is looking for an Alfresco & Java Developer as part of the new DevOps team to develop and support the Enterprise Content Model Solution. This role requires a deep understanding, and extensive experience in designing, developing and maintaining Alfresco & Java-based publication systems. As this role is part of the DevOps team, it would be ideal if the role holder have experience or knowledge with cloud-based software architecture & development practices such as CD/CI.
- Development using Server-side Java as the standalone platform or develop customizations & extensions into Alfresco for enhanced content management & editorial capabilities
- Actively involved in full software development life cycle - from requirements gathering, creating functional and technical specifications, produce solution design, implementation & development to maintenance and support of Alfresco and Java-based enterprise content management system.
- Analysing new requirements to find the most appropriate technical solutions and contributing to the overall system design; complimented through the role holder's knowledge on the business domain & knowledge.
- Drive and implement DevOps best practices, apply CI and CD principles (best practice) in supporting the build & release life cycle, continuously strive to automate CI/CD environment tasks
- Proactive in improving existing processes, technical implementations (such as refactoring, optimization) and environments (through automations)
Experience & Skills
- 4-5 years of development experience using core Java, J2EE and related technologies
- Java, J2EE, Struts, Spring, JSP/Servlets, XML, XSLT, XPath, Hibernate, web/application servers
- Minimum 3-4 years of development experience using Alfresco 5.2 or higher, ACS (Alfresco Content Services) or APS (Alfresco Process Services).
- Solid understanding of application/system architecture and object-oriented design concepts
- Must have DevOps experience; implemented or supported applications through DevOps (CD/CI) tools.
- Must have experience in DevOps tools (Git, Marvin, Jenkins, SonarQube, Puppet)
- Experience of participating in projects from throughout the full software development lifecycle
- Development experience using relational databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL) or with NoSQL technologies
- Demonstrated experience in using AWS or other Cloud technologies
- Experience in system integrations between Alfresco and related systems
- Understanding of search engine implementation (SOLR, Lucene) and workflow modelling (Activiti).
- Experience with XML and related technologies (XML, Schema, XSLT)
- Working experience in Agile-based environments
- The role holder will need to have good understanding of publication business processes, usage & lifecycle management of the publication contents; working closely with the end-users (authors, editors, translators etc.) to translate business requirements into technical deliverables.
- Contribute into creating DevOps culture in the team and be comfortable working in the continuous delivery environment
- Communicative; clearly presents and articulates proposals, estimates and solutions