For a client of ours in the Oil & Gas sector we are looking for Senior Program/Project managers.
Start: ASAP (max 1 months’ notice)
Location: The Hague (Temporary from home)
Duration: 18 months
As an IT Program or Project Manager at our client, you will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally as they transform their business to meet their ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your program and project management career at our client you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Project Managers plan, execute, and control a project or set of related projects to meet identified business requirements and deliver business value, through acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, risk, quality and benefits.
We are looking for Program and Project Management professionals with proficiency across the following four key dimensions:
* Program and project delivery skills in both agile and waterfall methodologies;
* Technology skills, such as Data Center hosting, network & voice connectivity, workplace productivity, Audio-Video collaboration services, compliance or cybersecurity;
* Professional skills, such as leadership, communication and resilience; and
* Entrepreneurial skills, such as a business-value mindset, critical thinking, storytelling, stakeholder management, and enabling value creation.
You will be expected to:
* Integrate IT infrastructure delivery with their key partners, including but not limited to their Real Estate Commercial Deals & Projects and their General Contractors
* Agree and deliver a body of work, organised into programmes, projects and workstreams to agreed time, cost, quality, risk and benefit profiles, delivered within the standards and controls framework;
* Proactively analyse variances against plan to assess trends threatening agreed scope, time, cost, and quality commitments. Identify signs that a project may be at risk and take appropriate action;
* Engage internal and external stakeholders such as users, customers or suppliers to fully benefit from the delivered products, services and changes;
* Develop and execute appropriate change and engagement plans to achieve necessary behaviour changes in order to maximise benefits;
* Align expectations and ensure that the decision-making of stakeholders happen in a timely and effective manner;
* Mobilise and lead teams composed of a mixture of staff and suppliers across organisational boundaries and the natural team. Ensure they have the necessary skills, capacity and experience to achieve the required outcomes;
* Develop the skills of team members through coaching, delegation and providing stretching assignments;
* Understand, assess and embed the right delivery methodologies, considering project and business constraints;
* Assess programme risks as they are encountered and evaluate trade-offs between cost, time, quality, risk and ultimately benefit, continuously managing the business cases of constituent projects and workstreams;
* Ensure that all deliverables, whether software, hardware, processes, products or business change are fit for purpose, meet all relevant requirements and are effectively transitioned to support and business-as-usual; and
* Ensure that the business value intended by the work is explicit, agreed and delivered.
Real Estate Office Change IT EMEA deliver IT infrastructure projects to support significant office portfolio changes in the organisation. 2021 demand outlook for new projects in the EMEA portfolio is high and which projects exactly this new resource will be delivering is still to be confirmed, depending on the order of new office move opportunities being initiated and how allocation of existing resources in the team is preferred.
Dimensions & Accountabilities:
* Plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all aspects of the project lifecycle adhering to the Project Delivery Framework (PDF) methodology and other standards at a scale of up to $5M, with up to 20 team members;
* Quickly build and leverage relationships with sponsors (JG1 and above) and key stakeholders and understand their priorities. Resolve conflict and deliver tough messages with grace, up to and including VPs;
* Build and roll out new products and services that meet the objectives set by the Decision Review Board, keeping to the time, cost, quality parameters set;
* Deliver within-programme benefits to the function or business, delivering value from an early stage;
* Motivate and lead the project team through periods of uncertainty, while recommending barriers to be removed so that the team can complete its objectives while managing pressure;
* Create and deliver relevant and impactful communications for diverse audiences (executives, consumers, staff across a business or function);
* Focus and motivate project teams to remain resilient after setbacks and to recover performance;
* Recommend taking calculated risks and apply judgment at a project or workstream level to make timely decisions that will maximize value;
* Recommend changes to balance execution efficiency with risk mitigation, value delivery, cost, and quality;
* Understand programme or project goals and business context at all stages of the lifecycle, and particularly when responding to challenges and change. Recommend acceptable courses of action where appropriate;
* Execute the given methodology for the programme or project to maximise delivery effectiveness;
* Execute the required governance approach defined by the Decision Review Board;
* Support the leadership of the project’s natural team, ensuring that the project team collaborates effectively with business IT, the impacted teams, wider stakeholders both internally and externally, recommending resolutions to issues such as financing, risk, resourcing, integrated planning and long-term support and management of any resulting products and services; and
* Support more junior members of staff, contribute to improvement initiatives, and assist assurance reviews.
Skills & Requirements:
* Typical Experience: 10+ years in IT with 5+ years of experience in establishing and delivering progressively larger and more complex projects;
* Typical Programme Complexity: Large projects with multiple workstreams and deliverables, impacting an entire function, department or product line, with business and technical change;
* Typical Programme Size: Up to 20 people, with teams in multiple countries;
* Typical Programme Budget: Up to $5M;
* Degree educated with evidence of a commitment to lifelong learning; and
* Project management certification, ideally PMP® and agile certification
* Preferred experience delivering office or construction fit-out IT infrastructure projects
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.