Looking for a DC Network Engineer/ Planner at Telecom company, contract, Amsterdam
Always wanted to work for the world's leader in converged broadband, video, and mobile communications services?
The busines delivers next-generation products through advanced fibre and 5G networks that connect 85 million subscribers across Europe and the United Kingdom.
What is the role
Capacity Planning team is assuming additional responsibilities on Data Centre capacity planning, including hardware deployment process and lifecycle management (BOM creation, get vendor quotes, PO requests, tracking) as well as reporting. It is expected for this role to take the additional workload related with DC Network Elements component.
Daily tasks/activities of the candidate
* Manage DC hardware deployment process, follow up with vendors
* Being the linking pin between the Financial and Technical teams
* Identifying gaps from analysis and propose recommendations to expand/buy extra capacity (not doing the operational work)
* Keeping track of all the storage in place, monitoring and end of life replacement
* Timely creation of monthly capacity reports
* Ordering and tracking equipment
* Regular updates to management, status reporting, risk management, escalation management.
* Project manage different tasks and deliverables required from all internal and external parties
* Understanding of DC Infrastructure technologies, in particular DC Network Elements (Routers/Switches/Firewall/Load Balancers/etc.)
* Good knowledge and experience of capacity planning in an infrastructure level
* Self-starter and experience in stakeholder management (being linking pin)
If you are interested in a confidential conversation, please get into contact with Yasmijn Rek,
+31 207 975 003 or send an email with your updated CV.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.