In Amsterdam we are seeking an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) professional to support all elements and functional areas of the company HSE Management System for two operating sites within the Netherlands, as well as sales and technical teams in other European countries. Want to work for an award-winning world leader within their industry? Do you have what it takes to push HSE standards to a higher level? Then we are looking for you!
A world leader of award-winning, comprehensive solutions for over 45 years. They stand for low-risk, high standards, core values and respect for eachother.
With a focus on risk management, this position requires a strong background in safety and industrial hygiene. Some environmental experience is a plus.
* Provide comprehensive EHS support for operating sites with different production processes;
* Support sales, installation, and application engineering operations throughout Europe;
* Develop EHS legal and regulatory register for applicable countries;
* Maintain and submit applicable EHS statistics and programs as requested for entry into customer facilities;
* Lead health teams related to Covid-19 support;
* Analyze jobs, processes or sites for safety, health, ergonomic and environmental risks;
* Develop appropriate risk mitigation controls;
* Audit facilities;
* Facilitate formal root cause analyses for incidents and other non-conformances;
* Conduct and/or develop appropriate safety and environmental training for managers, supervisors, and employees
You will report to the Global HSE Manager in the USA. The position is based at the EMEA HQ in Amsterdam.
* Work in an exciting, international and dynamic environment that promotes self-management and initiative
* An opportunity to boost your international experience and develop your potential
* Be part of an inspiring and rapidly growing work environment grounded in ideas, teamwork and effort
* A performance-based profit-sharing program
* 25 days holiday + 6 ATV days and numerous other attractive secondary benefits
* A competitive salary that fits your background and experience
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial / Occupational Safety (HVK) or closely related field. Other degrees may be considered based on experience. Master's degree is a plus
* Experience in a formal Environmental and/or Safety management system
* Seven or more years of experience with two years of supervisory experience
* Self-managed professional with the ability to anticipate and react to the needs of multiple managers and organizational needs without direct supervision
* Ability to present and communicate at all levels of an organization
* Strong knowledge of the Dutch language and legislation (Arbo Wet)
* Regular travel between two operating sites (Amsterdam and Doetinchem) and to customer sites as required
* National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) International Diploma is a plus
You are a current EU visa holder or have a EU citizenship and live in or closeby Amsterdam.