Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) is a non-governmental organisation established in 1915, working worldwide for peace and security (www.wilpf.org for more information) with two international offices in Geneva and in New York City.
The primary responsibility of the Grants Finance Coordinator (GFC) is to support the management of grants and sub-granting and ensure compliance with WILPF policies and procedures, donors’ rules and regulations, and any other requirements.
1. Grants compliance and support
* Follow all accounting compliance and observe all policies and mandated procedures.
* Ensure and oversee compliance with the internal controls. Ensure that applicable rules and regulations, WILPF Financial Manual and donor requirements or restrictions are complied with.
* Coordinate the selection process for external consultancies.
* Review partners, service providers and consultants’ contracts.
* Ensure the 2nd review of partners and/or sections’ financial reports.
2. Capacity support to sub-grantees (partners mostly in MENA region/sections)
* Ensure appropriate financial processes are being implemented.
* Conduct capacity assessment of partners.
* Ongoing support and capacity building to WILPF’s sub-grantees.
3. Monitoring and reporting to Donors
* Produce accurate and timely donor financial reports in collaboration with the programme/project man-agers and Finance team.
* Coordinate donors’ audit.
* Maintain accurate filing of grants documentation.
4. Fundraising Support
* Support all programme/project staff on proposal and budget development.
* Develop monitoring tools for proposals and grants follow up.
* Support to Financial Manager for all issues related to grants management.
* Carry out other related duties as required and agreed.
Interdependences and Reporting
GFC works closely with the Finance Manager, Programme Staff and International Office Manager
GFC reports to the Finance Manager