Azure Data Engineer - Lakehouse / Databricks - this is a long term contract opportunity to join a globally operating Zurich based company in the financial sector.
* Practical knowledge of Lakehouse components such as ADF, Datalake, Databricks, Synapse using on Azure
* Working knowledge of Power BI, SQL, Python
* Ability to work as part of a team collaborating with data architects, modelers and IT team members on project goals, as well as work independently with minimal direction
* Outstanding written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
* Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
* Analyzing existing solutions and their stages in the different data zones and evaluating which load to do with either Databricks or Synapse
* Suggesting the architecture and implementing the lakehouse according to the requirements of the projects
* Evaluating optimal VM infrastructure for the respective Databricks workload, as well as implementing productive data pipelines with the logic of existing Databricks notebooks
* Applying optimal setup and tuning of Delta files and its handling using Python and SQL
* Defining and implementing the interplay of ADF, Datalake, Databricks, Synapse up to Power BI
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Ref.Nr.: BH 17080
Does this spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
* All administrative questions
* Finding an apartment
* Health – and social insurance
* Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.