Biospecimen Management Scientist (f/m/d) - Biology /English/ MS Excel / laboratory /german
Project / Role:
For our partner Roche Diagnostics in Rotkreuz we are looking for a highly motivated and qualified Biospecimen Management Scientist
The Biospecimen Management team (BSM) at RDI leads the acquisition, management of biological materials and clinical samples and associated data designed to facilitate and advance RDI development activities. BSM collaborates with RMD's Life Cycle Teams, Projects, and Functional Areas to ensure that customer requirements for biological materials are agreed to, via formal established processes, communicated to on a periodic basis, and met per commitment in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices, Good Clinical Data Management Practices, Quality, and Business standards.
Organization, coordination und communication with external Elpro people
• Organization of sensor changings, eg. from -20°C to -80°C connection including defrosting, change of batteries, decontamination and decommissioning.
• Supports daily operation associated with the BioRepository at RDI including; sample registration, shipment (import & export), and verification activities in a validated laboratory information management system.
• Maintains an accurate inventory of biological materials in the biospecimen repository, conducts periodic checks for assessment, and resolves discrepancies as presented.
• Conducts data management activities, such as, data file transfers from suppliers, tracking of source data files, data review, data transcription, data import, data quality and consistency checks, resolution of data discrepancies, and data export while working within a validated laboratory information management system.
• Assumes accountability for data entry into validated database(s), ensures that information is entered accurately and consistently, and according to established formats.
• Writing risk analysis by themselves.
• At least a Bachelor's degree in a related biological environment or similar level of education (e.g. Microbiology, Biology, Molecular biology or Life Sciences)
• At least 2 years’ experience in the life sciences industry, preferred in a laboratory setting or clinical operations required.
• Prior experience in research & diagnostics, pharmaceutical, clinical or medical device industry preferred.
• Working knowledge of laboratory inventory management systems (LIMs) and or/regulatory requirements a plus.
• Excellent data handling skills, meticulous and proficient with MS Excel is a MUST
• Proficient in English is a must, German would be a plus
Nice to have:
• Good organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
• Team player, self-organized, motivated individual and solution driven individual who can maintain quality, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables
Reference No.: 920383SGR
Role: Biospecimen Management Scientist
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities directly, you can send us your CV anyway via this advert or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com.
Contact us for further information regarding our company, our positions or our attractive payroll-only-program: +41 41 760 77 01.
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.