IT Architect – Brussels
Morson International are working with a global IT Consultancy who are looking for an IT Architect to join their team in Brussels. This is an initial 12 month contract where my client are paying up to €575 a day. You will be required to work onsite for this opportunity.
The IT Architect will:
• Propose systems, components and/or services architecture (e.g. SOA, ESB, MDM, legacy, framework, security), COTS software products, standards and/or evaluate technical offers from agency contractors
• Make proposals for architecture setup and/or evaluate technical offers from agency contractors
• Investigate and recommend solutions (including cost benefit analyses, assessment of implementations duration) and/or evaluate technical solutions proposed by agency contractors
• Understand, apply and suggest improvements of agency methodology, security policies, tools, best practices, etc.
• Support projects by designing services and components (or supervising contractors design), encouraging re-use as well as committing that the design of the system will fulfil the systems requirements, in particular non-functional requirements (volume, scalability, confidentiality, integrity, availability, business continuity and disaster recovery planning)
• Ensure that the systems, components and/or services design is consistent with DG TAXUD architecture (e.g. consistency with an agency framework)
• Analyse the integration of different information systems and ensure their interoperability
• Identifies and anticipates design flaws not overseen by the development teams
• Produce and/or review documents follow-up document revision with an eye on systems and applications architecture
• Provide suggestions for service or methodology improvements escalate issues, in particular the ones with potential impacts on interoperability
The successful IT Architect will have:
• Minimum 3 years of higher education (Bachelor Degree or equivalent) & minimum 11 years of IT experience of IT experience in the IT Systems architecture/design, processes and projects, matured in a complex and structured organization with outsourced services proved by practical hands-on activities
• Strong ability for analysis, comparison and summary strong capability for writing and presenting clear documents
• Recent practical experience in IT systems architecture and design
• Capability for specification of components, data and services
• Capability for specification of service interfaces, service data and reference models
• Good knowledge of interoperability technology ( e.g. web services, message oriented middleware, service oriented bus)
• Proven multiyear experience with Oracle Database and SOA technologies (Oracle FUSION) is required
• Prior experience with SAS technologies is required
• Good knowledge of service implementation patterns (synchronous, asynchronous, request/response, etc.), distributed system design and messaging layer
• Experience in architecture modelling
• Deep technical knowledge of IT technology
• Hands-on experience with network security architecture will be an advantage.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Jake from Morson for more information.