Role: Civil Designer / Civil CAD Designer (Tekla) w/concrete structures experience - UK Nuclear New Build
Location: Hinkley 'C' site nr. Bridgwater, Somerset
Salary: £30000 - 46000 + weekly travel allowance
Start: From August 2021 onwards (due to need to obtain security clearance)
An exciting opportunity exists for experienced Civil Designers / Civil CAD Technicians with experience of work on large construction / build projects with major civils and concrete structures elements (e.g. large structures, power stations, large office buildings, ships, oil and gas plants, ect)
The Civil Designer will be responsible for checking the 3D model and drawings from the supplier against the 3D model which has been provided. They will also create the PDMS-3D model and produce 2D and 3D deliverables based on the input data provided and in accordance with the applicable design procedures and instructions. The Civil Designer is assigned to one of the buildings on the nuclear island and their activity is coordinated by the Civil and Layout Engineers. They will work closely with the Civil and Layout Engineers who are responsible for the layout and design studies.
* Performing 2D-3D-Checks or 3D-3D-Checks (3D-Model check against other 3D model, Formwork drawings, reinforcement drawings)
* Creating and modifying of the PDMS 3D-Model, by modelling components and equipment, civil structure, steelwork,
According to the input data and drawings provided and ensuring that the tractability is maintained throughout the model.
* When requests for changes are issued by the various engineering teams, the Designer will incorporate the changes into the 3D model, having checked for technical consistency.
* In the event of any technical problems or deviations, the CAD Designer informs the Building Layout/Civil Leader, offers technical advice and makes corrections to the 3D model. They will produces 2D drawings associated with layout engineering (general layout drawing division into fire safety zones, etc.).
* Performing component introduction, installation or maintenance simulations; preparing layout studies.
Qualifications / Experience
* Degree qualified or suitably experienced Civil Designer / Civil CAD Technician
* Design office experience with knowledge in production or surveillance of drawings: General arrangement, Formwork, Reinforcement.
* Knowledge of AutoCAD 2D and Tekla
* Experience in the nuclear sector and/or on a large construction site would be advantageous
* Knowledge of PDMS software (3D) (or knowledge in similar 3D) would be useful
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package (including travel allowance) and the opportunity to work at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build industry for a respected and ambitious company with excellent career development and advancement prospects.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction