Job Reference: SERACC80-MAY21
Are you a people person? Are you someone who people naturally go to for advice and help? If you have experience in Employee relations, this could be the role for you.
We are looking for a Senior Employee Relations Advisor to join us on a 12 month FTC in our office based in Westcliff, Essex.
This is a great opportunity for someone already in HR or ER to gain a great deal of experience, possibly within an industry that you may not have worked in before!
As a Senior Employee Relations Advisor within the ER team, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality and consistent HR advice and support service to employees and managers.
You will provide proactive and professional generalist HR advice and support to a portfolio of site and Support managers across the organisation which assists Wilson James in achieving its overall aims and objectives with responsibility for minimising and managing risk to the organisation.
You will be a point of contact for managers and directors across the business, as they will rely on you to provide advice. Therefore, the ability to build strong and effective relationships with key stakeholders, including HR colleagues, senior management, line management and employees is paramount.
* Manage the application of HR policy and practice providing expert HR advice on all people policies
* Management of ER cases, ensuring risk is managed and mitigated
* Provide support to the ER Manager, mobilisation and Senior Business Partner teams on TUPE In and Out contracts
* Support on all aspects of formal employee consultation arising from changes in the organisational structure
* Maintain effective tracking, management and reporting systems to ensure the organisation has visibility and takes accountability for ER activities
* Provide relevant and timely Management Information and analysis in relation to ER cases
* Ensure employee records, both paper-based and electronic, are up to date, accurate and comply with all governance and legal requirements
* Deliver consistently high quality and professional service to all customers in accordance with service level agreements and KPI’s
* Respond to and resolve ER queries and complaints; escalating as appropriate to the Head of HR Shared Services
* To treat all information as strictly confidential and to only discuss matters with the relevant persons
* Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
* Ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholder at all levels
* Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
* Effective team member who demonstrates flexibility in support of the overall team effectiveness
* HR experience at a similar level, within a proven background of managing employee relations matters
* Patient, with a genuine want to help
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Preferred candidate will be CIPD qualified
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 employees. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries.
Wilson James are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.