Technical Support Scientist - Permanent position for a very reputable company
NonStop are working with an award-winning customer support team that leads the industry in customer satisfaction. Due to our clients growing activities they are looking for the best customer focused Technical Support Scientists to join their mission in improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome for a permanent position. As a Technical Support Scientist, a large part of your role will be supporting and advising customers on our clients products
You will be based in their European headquarters and be responsible for providing technical direction and support to customers using our clients Technology in Europe, Middle East and Africa region. As a product expert, you will provide support to customers and colleagues on our clients products; bead array and Next Generation Sequencing. You’ll also be able to utilise European language skills supporting primarily a designated region of Europe.
If you would like to work in a collaborative and supportive environment in which you are encouraged to continually develop your skills and knowledge this is the perfect role for you! You’ll join a culture fuelled by innovation, collaboration and openness, helping change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets.
Job responsibilities will include:
* Professionally, efficiently and conclusively triage, troubleshoot and resolve customer’s technical questions
* Log and manage customer issues using our issue-tracking database
* Troubleshoot a variety of issues related to our products with a focus on instruments under limited instruction
* Keen interest in learning our bead array technology and support our end-users of the technology
* Collaborate with colleagues to ensure efficient and timely support for our customers
* Assist customers with and provide analysis of customer data
* Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers
* Triage and dispatch issues requiring field support to Field Service Engineers and Field Applications Scientists/Specialists
* Provide technical guidance regarding the choice and use of the appropriate products to existing and prospective customers
* Working closely with sales and marketing, QA/QC, research and development to address customer concerns, determine corrective action and customer follow-up
* you will collaborate with colleagues and other teams to offer the level and quality of support our customers expect
* D./ M.S or B.S. plus previous relevant lab experience in molecular biology, genetics, software & bioinformatics or related field
* European language skills – Must be fluent in German
* Hands-on laboratory experience using, developing or troubleshooting a wide range of molecular biology protocols such as PCR, sequencing, gene expression analysis, genotyping, and related procedures with a strong flavour of Software & Bioinformatics usage
* Teaching experience desirable
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required
* Outstanding written and verbal communication and training skills a MUST
* Experience working in any service role desired
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
It would be brilliant (but not necessary) if you also have:
* Biotech experience preferred with previous experience in a direct external customer support role
* Hands-on experience with BeadArrays or another microarray technology
* Experience with microarray data analysis
* Experience with Next Generation Sequencing technology
* Excellent understanding of software & bioinformatics/genetics, sequence alignment algorithms or related disciplines
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication and training skills
* Customer facing role in sales or support
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in, please send your CV, ideally in Word format, via this site.
If this role is not quite right for you but you would like to have a conversation about other roles, please search and connect with me, Nikita Sheth, on LinkedIn.
We are NonStop, a leading provider of staffing solutions throughout Europe and now also in the US. We’re passionate about connecting talent with opportunity and work non-stop to support our clients in hiring the best talent for their teams. Feel free to pop over to our website, NonStop Consulting, for more information, to browse all our roles, or to let us know how we can help you.
Ph.D./ M.S or B.S. plus previous relevant lab experience in molecular biology, genetics, software & bioinformatics or related field
European language skills - Fluent in German