Midland Expressway have a great opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to join our Motorway Operations team based in Lichfield. In this role you will be providing valuable support to the Project Manager in the leadership and successful delivery of our operational projects.
As an Assistant Project Manager in a multi-functional project management team within projects of different disciplines and complexities, you will have hands-on experience of working with different stakeholders, internal and external subject matter experts in a collaborative and integrated manner.
You will be required to support the Project Manager in shaping, planning, establishing robust processes and procedures to manage the projects through to successful delivery on time, cost, and quality in a safe manner and to meet the business objectives.
This position is a 12-month fixed term contract.
* Plan and define project deliverables, schedules, consistent with defined review milestones and priorities, to contribute to the design of the overall project plan including budget estimate.
* To align project scope and deliverables with business objectives.
* Contribute to the identification, implementation and monitoring of day-to-day support for the project activities including contract compliance, risk management, Health & Safety, financial management and reporting, document control, assurance and governance.
* Assisting in establishing robust processes and procedures to manage the project, in consultation business stakeholders and subject matter experts.
* Assisting the Project Manager in the maintaining programme control over projects to deliver to time, cost and quality in a safe manner and report on progress.
* Communication of project status, risks and issues, scope changes, milestone achievement and a focus on inter-dependencies.
* Collating, formatting and distributing information to support programme requirements. Cascade to internal and external parties where appropriate.
* Supporting the Project Manager to facilitate effective resource management throughout the project life cycle.
* Delivering necessary periodic project reports, to allow senior managers to direct the project appropriately.
* Ensure that the project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
Keywords: Assistant Project Manager | Project | Deliverables | Manager | Operational | Budget Control | FTC | Supplier Relationship Manager | Tender | Bid Management | Implementation | Commercial Acumen | Engineering | Stakeholder Management | MS Office | Prince2 | APM | MSP | PMI | NEC4
22 days annual holiday rising to 25 days over three years’ service plus bank holidays / Discretionary Bonus / Defined contribution pension scheme totalling 8% (EE 5%, ER 3%) / Life assurance at 3x Cover / Free M6 Toll Tag / Employee Assistance Programme / Discount at our Motorway Service Area / Laptop
Monday to Friday 8.30am till 5.00pm (37.5 hours per week)
Fixed term contract for a duration of initial 12 months.
* A Degree, in relevant engineering or management discipline.
* Demonstrable knowledge of Project Management and Project Controls tools and techniques.
* Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience of working in project management role in a programme and project environment.
* Experience of building relationships with different stakeholders.
* Excellent communicator, to clarify and ensure understanding of project strategies and solutions.
* Commercially focused, to drive project performance and value for money.
* Strong analytical skills, to develop, analyse and provide commentary on project plans and performance.
* Technical aptitude and an ability to provide a communication “bridge” between the business and any external Third-Party provider.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams).
* Experience in a consultancy environment with good customer relationship and stakeholder management skills.
* APM/MSP/PMI/PRINCE2 certification would be an advantage.
* Experience of working within Highways England environment, the Network Rail environment (or other similar major UK transportation organisations) would be an advantage.
* Experience of procurement and supplier tendering processes for the construction industry.
* Experience of working with NEC4 suite of contracts.
The M6toll is the most exciting development in British transport history for many years. Since the M6toll opened in December 2003, it has grown from strength to strength and is recognised as the key strategic through route in the West Midlands; bypassing one of Europe's most congested motorways.
Midland Expressway Limited (MEL) is a private company with the government concession to design, build, operate and maintain the 27 miles of the M6toll until 2054. After this time the road will be handed back to the government.