Are you curious? Do you analyse situations and data and wonder how that happened, or why? Do you wonder what could have been done to prevent it? If this sounds like you, then this position as Security Analyst could be for you.
So why not come and be amazing with Wilson James?
We are looking for you to join us based in our client’s large and modern offices based in Feltham as a Security Operator Analyst. You will be supporting the efficient operation of the physical security systems technologies within the EMEA region. These technologies include, Electronic Access Control, Video Surveillance Systems, intrusion detection systems, communication systems and other risk based technologies or solutions. If you can use these technologies to study the data and see what has happened, and how that has affected the client, and innovate ways to prevent it in the future, then you could be the person we are looking for.
This is an exciting time to join Wilson James, as you will be part of the new team that will set the pathway to success with a new contract.
As a Security Analyst, you will:
* Ensure that routine maintenance undertaken in the EMEA region maintains the systems integrity & reliability of its connectivity to the SOC.
* Reactively troubleshoots and supervises the remediation of any problems identified with any hardware or software within the EMEA security portfolio either internally and via approved contracted companies where required.
* Responsible for auditing the documentation and administration of the system ensuring alignment of all configuration, drawings, programming to the company systems standards for the purpose of management, global/regional data compliance and audits.
* Regularly tests and validates system effectiveness in its detection and monitoring capabilities.
* Validates and updates where required site documentation detailing changes, schematics, configuration and installed assets.
* Ensure, in co-operation with the approved contracted companies, that sufficient spares are on hand throughout the region, to allow for continued operation of systems should an equipment failure occur;
* Have a full understanding of the functions covered at all sites including areas such as Security, CCTV, Reception and systems Support;
* Respond to changes in the external environment including legislation, technology and trends.
* Report on a daily basis with management to ensure effective communication of all systems matters to ensure the delivery of a high standard professional security service;
* Investigate incidents and prepare responses in accordance with policies and procedures;
* Understand drivers behind systems failures and to take steps to minimise losses.
* Aware of and follow current events and world affairs
* Strong analysis, research, and organizational skills
* Flexibility in scheduling, including nights, and some weekends and holidays
* Ability to effectively manage high volume of information, prioritize assignments, and maintain composure under pressure
* Strong writing skills; fluency in English is required, additional European language advantageous
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team setting
* Previous experience with social media and open source research
* Background in Security Systems Management
* Ability to work under own initiative, making decisions to benefit Wilson James and client
* Competent on Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint and other office programmes
* Degree educated
* Background in Security Systems Management;
* Working knowledge in providing security solutions
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 employees. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries.
Wilson James provides services to some of the world’s most iconic brands. We collaborate. We raise standards. We win awards.
We employ more than 5,000 brilliant people across security, construction logistics and aviation services.
We celebrate diversity. With more than 75 nationalities represented in the Wilson James family, we are a truly inclusive company.
Wilson James is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position, however each case will be assessed on an individual basis.
For information about Wilson James' commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please see our website.