Network Engineer - LAN / WAN
Manchester / North West / West Yorkshire + WFH flexibility
Up to £55,000 per annum + Benefits
We are now looking for a Network Engineer at Senior level to join a talented team of Network specialists due to rapid growth and acquisitions of new projects across the Enterprise space.
As the Network Engineer you will play a pivotal role in owning project conceptions and implementation, supporting Network Architects on project / solution delivery, whilst acting as the SME for Wider Area Networking (WAN) projects as the technical escalation point.
Key responsibilities as the Network Engineer:
* Plan, prepare and deliver WAN / Wide Area Networks projects on major roll-out programs
* Deliver on scheduled core Network Infrastructure maintenance programs
* Identify and implement changes to existing Network Infrastructure
* Create and maintain core network infrastructure documentation in line with documentation standards
* 3rd Line / 4th Line Network support duties
Key requirements for this Network Engineer role:
* Hands on implementation and delivery experience (configurations, installations, testing)
* LAN / WAN / Wide Area Networking and/or SD-WAN experience
* Enterprise / Data Centre Network experience - BGP, ISIS, MPLS, EVPN, EIGRP, VXLAN
* Layer 2 fundamentals knowledge / experience including HSRP, VRRP, and STP
* Experience in implementing and maintaining Cisco based switching & routing
* Configuring Cisco ASA, Firepower, Fortigate firewalls,
* Virtualisation experience: VMware and NSX
On offer for this Network Engineer role is a salary from between £40,000 up to £55,000 per annum and a benefits package which includes private healthcare, WFH flexibility, continuous training and certifications and on-site gym!