Mechanical Process Engineer
£28k - £38k depending upon experience
If you are a Graduate in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with a passion for sustainability in Industrial settings, and 36 months or more relevant professional experience, we want to talk to you!
As a result of our success, we are thriving in all business areas and have exciting plans for 2021 and beyond. Projective has an immediate requirement for an ambitious Mechanical Process Engineer.
As part of our integrated services, you will be working on complex industrial sites, designing, and delivering electrical projects with large-scale manufacturing clients globally. A significant volume of this work will be integrating the latest new technology for low and zero carbon solutions into these established facilities.
This is a design and management role, and the work will require significant engineering design, reporting, and technical presentation skills.
The ideal applicant will have over 3 years work experience within a process manufacturing or design environment. Experience of process design and operation of several types of process systems such as pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, vessels, pressure systems, refrigeration, and compressed gasses.
Essential Skills and interests:
• Ability to work independently and self-manage to meet project deadlines and budgets.
• Ability to develop a process flow and instrumentation diagram.
• Ability to size and select equipment of several types.
• Working with and designing pressure systems including pressure relief
• AutoCAD 2D and 3D draughting skills
• Develop a full energy and mass balance for a system
• Knowledge of UK and EU legislation relating to the design or process systems.
• Ability to write a control description.
• Previous high-quality preparation of technical documents including writing and producing presentations and reports.
• Knowledge of and proven appreciation/passion for energy-saving strategies.
• Solutions oriented with a flexible 'can-do' approach to work.
• Keen to broaden, update and acquire new skills.
Qualifications and Additional Requirements:
• Master or Bachelors degree 2:1 or higher
• Excellent written, verbal and presentational skills
• Resident in the UK
• Current driving licence and access to a car
Relevant qualifications should be demonstrated on your application along with main areas of interest for future development.
What can you expect?
• Opportunity to immerse yourself in a professional environment where both your technical skills and your professional credibility will be developed and enriched.
• A diverse, client-led workload including some notable high-profile international companies.
• A supportive and practical mentorship with a tailored career path and measurable success metrics on your route to become a Chartered Engineer.
• Part of a dedicated, loyal, and highly skilled team where you are appreciated and given recognition with plenty of peer support.
• Friendly and professional company who have high values and a business model to ensure your career success.
• Membership to professional institute paid for, with exposure and training to a variety of interesting projects.
• Competitive salary (£28k - £38k depending upon experience) and benefits including regular reviews, and a bonus based on company success.
Who are Projective Ltd?
Projective Ltd is an innovative, fast-growing process and engineering consultancy, specialising in utilities and process engineering projects. We deliver consultancy, engineering design, and project delivery services. Our clients range from large blue-chip companies to SME’s in the UK and overseas. Projective works with the latest technologies and groundbreaking designs to bring sustainable and innovative solutions to our clients.
We are based in Fleet, Hampshire, which is 40 minutes from London, borders the counties of Berkshire and Surrey, and is on the mainline train route from London Waterloo.
The role is based at our UK offices, with the requirement to travel to client sites both UK and overseas. Applicants are expected to show existing eligibility to work in the UK and have access to their own transport.
Agencies – We are sorry, but we do not accept an unsolicited engagement with agencies.
In order to continue your application, please click 'Apply' now.