Role: Product Manager
Salary: £50,000 per year (£70,000 OTE)
The Product Manager (ERP) owns the go to market (“GTM”) process for the ERP products which
means planning and coordinating the readiness of all relevant areas of the business in respect of
these product lines. Their responsibility is to ensure the products and services that make up the
ERP line of business are commercially viable, taken to market and maintained effectively and
efficiently. The headline products in the ERP line of business are SAP Business One, SAP
Business ByDesign & SAP Concur but also includes horizontal and
vertical add-on’s from ISV’s together with the value-added services that are sold to design,
implement, manage, and maintain these software solutions.
Reporting to the Products Director and working in close cooperation with other board members
and department heads, you will be responsible for the effective GTM of the ERP products with
time to market, customer experience, quality of service delivery and economic performance at the
heart of the success criteria.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. New ERP product introductions
• Identify and create business cases for new products and services that fall under the
Applications line of business.
• Plan and execute the introduction of new products ensuring all departments affected are
prepared for the introduction, including (but not exclusively):
o Project Management
o Internal Systems
2. Existing ERP products
• Maintain supplier partnership statuses and relationships
• Manage the introduction of changes to supplier products and programs through the
departments of the business as above.
• Monitor the revenue and EBITDA performance of existing products
• In collaboration with other departments in the business drive improvements to existing
product sales and delivery.
• Assist with escalations to suppliers where required.
• Manage the retirement of products that are no longer effective or available.
• Help facilitate the resolution of any problems that occur with products in other
departments.APPLY NOW WATCH OUR MOVIE READ OUR BOOK
3. In-house Product IP (Codescan)
• Identify product defects and manage them through to fix with the development
• Identify product improvements and work with the development manager to integrate
them into the products roadmaps and release cycles.
4. To visit, on occasion, customer and supplier sites or conferences/exhibitions in support of new
or existing products.
5. To maintain own records in the company's systems such as project time booking and incidents.
6. To design, create and/or implement other systems and procedures as may be necessary for
the general running of the company, generally with a focus on product management.
7. Share experience and knowledge with other members of the company.
8. Keep abreast of trends, techniques and technology as related to the products relevant to
Codestone and implement these where appropriate and within budget.
9. Make recommendations and advise on technologies and techniques that will improve the
delivery of future customer projects.
• A high-level blend of both commercial and technical appreciation of ERP
• Managing ERP or similar business software products in a reseller business
• Working closely with commercial teams (sales/marketing/board)
• Working closely with service delivery teams (consultancy/support/software development)
• A strong understanding of software architecture and software ecosystems
• Excellent commercial awareness with a focus on the profitability and ROI of products and
• Excellent organisational and documentation skills
• Ability to delegate tasks and hold to account management teams and board members
along with their team members
• A broad knowledge of the ERP / Business Software market in the UK
• Upkeep of product management systems / resource portals
• Experience of SAP Business One or SAP Business Design in a commercial and/or
• Experience of project management in multi-functional environments
• Experience working with an in-house software development team to improve and iterate