Are you a qualified solicitor looking for a new and challenging role? We have an excellent position to join a large investment client as a Legal Counsel on a permanent basis. A role that will be varied and busy, and it’s a great time to join the company.
* Legal qualification.
* Member of applicable legal professional body for jurisdiction.
* Corporate and/or Financial Services experience, and ideally, knowledge of investment management law, including funds, clients and distribution and other third party service provider agreements.
* May suit those with approximately 3 - 5 PQE years’ experience although those with less experience may be considered if able to demonstrate the key skills and competencies.
* Must be capable of drafting and reviewing legal agreements, have strong oral and written communication skills, have good organisational skills and be able to work with external lawyers and business persons.
* Willing to learn and share ideas to improve the service for our customers and develop business and works well under pressure.
* Strong commercial awareness and ability to present legal issues in layperson terms.
* Strong team player.
* In this role you will be responsible for providing legal services to the UK and EMEA asset management business, with a focus on clients, distribution, insurance and other investments-related legal activities. You will work closely with the business and the Legal & Secretariat function globally to deliver an effective high quality legal service to the business
* Draft and review investment management agreements, distribution agreements, terms of business, third party service provider agreements and other legal documents. Work to reasonable deadlines set by external or internal client departments, General Counsel, CoHeads of Legal or Managing Legal Counsel.
* Provide legal, technical and commercial input to projects, forums or propositions to ensure clarity, fairness and enforceability and to ensure that legal, regulatory and reputational risk is handled appropriately
* Promote the Legal & Secretariat function and identify new areas/opportunities where value can be added.
* Build and maintain highly effective partnerships with internal and external customers and partners so that legal services provide value and support the business efficiently.
* Actively engage in cross-team collaboration with the goal of functioning as one global Legal team, supporting each other regardless of team line boundaries.
* Handle the effective use of external legal firms and other suppliers to ensure the most cost effective usage in support of the business where applicable.
* A highly competitive salary.
* 40 days annual leave.
* 16% employer pension contribution.
* A discretionary performance-based bonus (where applicable).
* Private healthcare.
* A range of flexible benefits including gym discounts, season ticket loans and access to an employee discount site amongst many others.
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 13587
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we’re advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.