I am looking for an experienced Python Developer who holds a current/valid Security Clearance. You will be supporting a large Government organisation, and be responsible for the development and maintenance of data processing pipelines. You will work with a small development team and wider analysis team to meet requirements for analysis. You will need experience of data-driven projects.
This role will remain remote for the immediate.
This role has been deemed inside IR35.
* You will be expected to contribute to the solution design and development approach for the data processing pipeline
* Apply a hands-on approach to produce code solutions in Python / PySpark / SQL Server / Hive
* Work collaboratively with other developers, through pair programming, to implement data processing pipelines.
* Liaise with analysis teams to ensure that requirements for outputs are understood and incorporated into the pipeline.
* Address technical blockers, actively seeking solutions to remove them and proposing alternative routes to delivery.
* Routinely test the developed pipelines to ensure that they are fit for purpose.
* Peer review work of others in the team, to ensure quality and consistency.
* Proficiency in Python development, including PySpark.
* Excellent data storage experience - relational and non-relational databases.
* Proven experience with writing unit tests for PySpark routines using pytest.
* Commercially aware of Agile software development practices, including Git version control and Jira project management.
* Demonstrate DevOps practices, including continuous integration and continuous deployment.
* Proven ability in identifying the root cause of data quality issues and communicating these with data providers.
* You must hold valid Security Clearance.
Please apply online with your CV.