Do you want to join our fantastic stewarding team at Lord’s, the “Home of Cricket” and one of the most famous sporting venues in the World?
In 2021, Lord’s plays host to a hugely exciting array of fixtures. We welcome both the West Indies and Australia in their respective Test Series with the Pakistani Team returning for a one day international. Along with the international fixtures Middlesex County Cricket Club will play five of their T20 Blast matches at Lord’s including the Quarter Final. In its inaugural year, London Spirit (Lord’s Home Team) compete in The Hundred, with Lord’s having the honour of hosting the Men’s and Women's Final.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a world-class Stewarding Team at an iconic international sports venue: Lord’s.
Can you step up to the crease?
We are looking for engaging team members who enjoy leading a team to provide exceptional service to all Members and Spectators that attend Lord’s Cricket Ground.
The Supervisor is a key role and ensures the safety and security in the designated area of work.
We believe that our Stewards are crucial to making an amazing first impression, creating an experience that goes beyond just “service.” We are looking for skilled Supervisors to join our team that have the expertise and knowledge to lead a team in achieving excellence, ensuring everyone that visits our historic Ground receives exceptional service every time.
Calm under pressure, you will have the experience and confidence to lead a team to make sure safety and security procedures and Ground regulations are followed at all times. You’ll be warm and welcoming and proactive in your approach to safety, security and our customers, always aiming to anticipate issues and customer’s needs. You’ll be knowledgeable about the service you offer.
We can help you gain the skills, expertise and knowledge you need – but only if you have the passion for people, and the drive to ensure that everyone who comes to our world-famous cricket Ground receives exceptional service every time.
This is a remarkable place to work, and we require our people to work in accordance with our values which are to always be Customer Focused, Accountable for our actions, as well as being Respectful of our History and each other, and always striving for Excellence in all we do.
Within this role you will be expected to work across any number of areas and disciplines, which may include the following:
* Supervise a team of stewards
* Maintaining required levels of Health & Safety in designated areas
* Responding to referred problems and emergencies
* Dealing with accidents and emergencies and helping to manage conflict
* Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including the management of the safety operation
* Managing information for action
* To provide excellent customer service to all spectators
* Managing spectator safety in Members’, public, and hospitality areas
* Checking tickets and operating turnstiles and dealing with spectator queries
* Looking after high-profile media and broadcasting areas
* Searching visitors
* Security for players and officials
* Pitch Protection
* Offering directions and assistance to Spectators outside the Ground
* Detailed incident and end of match report writing as required
Keywords: Supervisor | Safety Steward | Events Safety Steward | Safety & Security Steward | Cricket Steward | Event Safety & Security Steward | Sports Events | Football | Rugby | Hospitality | Sports Ground | Ticketing | Health & Safety | Customer Service | NVQ Level 3 | Spectator Safety | People Management | Leadership
Holiday Pay / Hourly Pay from £12.50ph
Essential Skills & Qualifications
* Exceptional communication skills and outstanding Customer Service
* Reliability and commitment
* Prior Supervisor experience within a Sports Ground or similar management experience
* Must hold Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety or be able to demonstrate equivalent professional experience
All Supervisors must be available for 100% of Major Match Days.
Lord’s 2021 Major Match Dates:
* Thursday 24th June: Middlesex v Essex T20
* Thursday 1st July: Middlesex v Sussex T20
* Saturday 10th July: England v Pakistan ODI
* Friday 16th July: Middlesex v Kent T20
* Sunday 25th July: London Spirit v Oval Invincibles
* Sunday 29th July: London Spirit v Trent Rockets
* Sunday 1st August: London Spirit v Southern Brave
* Tuesday 3rd August: London Spirit v Northern Superchargers
* Thursday 12th August – Tuesday 17th August: England v India Test Match
* Saturday 21st August: The Hundred Men & Women’s Final
Lord’s Cricket Ground, owned by the Marylebone Cricket Club (“MCC”), is the most famous cricket Ground in the world. It is an exceptional venue with an experienced, positive, and professional stewarding team, who are responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the Ground whilst delivering exceptional customer service on both match days and non-match days.