Inside IR35 - rate open to negotiation
Seeking a Weapon Systems Engineer, to create and define weapon systems technical solutions, which will include the design and integration at the system and sub-system level including the development of system and subsystem design documentation.
Creation and definition of technical solutions, including, weapon system design and integration at the system and sub-system level, including areas such as:
* Fire Control Systems.
* Surveillance and Target Acquisition Systems.
* Weapon Control Systems.
* Ballistic Computation Systems.
* Analysis of customer requirements, their derivation and allocation to system, sub-system levels using formal methods and tools (DOORS).
* Production of specifications and designs which fulfil contractual requirements and contribute to cost-effective solutions.
* System design and integration into vehicle platforms.
* Acceptance and verification testing of systems.
* Considering safety, risk, reliability and maintainability associated with the technical solution, in conjunction with subject matter experts.
* Review and development of a System model (SysML) in accordance with requirements and design maturation.
* Working with the engineering and customer team to assist in resolving design queries or conflicts. Supporting the design review process over the development life-cycle.
* Supporting system trade studies to evaluate system concepts and establish preliminary designs.
* Participate in internal and external meetings or design reviews. This may involve: Undertaking technical presentations, generating and reviewing of technical reports.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY:
* An understanding of Armoured Fighting Vehicles and their development including:
* Knowledge and application of appropriate Defence Standards for military vehicles.
* Requirements management, specification and design of complex electro-mechanical systems and sub-systems.
* Weapon Control Systems design and validation
* Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Ideally have an understanding of SysML.
* Microsoft Office
* Product Lifecycle Management tools such as TeamCenter