Geotechnical Site Engineer, 4 Week Contract, Moray West Windfarm (Start Date 21st June)
Purpose and Scope:
The Site Engineer will be required to monitor the Ground Investigation in the field for Moray West Windfarm, You will be responsible for monitoring the works to ensure compliance with the specification. You will also be expected to record daily metrics on progress to inform site management on programme and progress. As your role will be predominantly field based you will be in a unique position to ensure that health and safety is appropriately considered and implemented in all site activities and to set a good example throughout the workforce.
The role will be fully site based and the majority of time will be spent outdoors monitoring ground investigation activities. You will be working alongside another geotechnical engineer of geologist. You should have good organisational and co-ordination skills, be proactive, flexible and a good communicator.
You will report to the Lead Geotechnical Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Monitor the activities to ensure that they are being undertaken in accordance with the Specification.
* Undertaking regular checks in the field on core recovery, sampling procedures, logging etc.
* Daily recording of progress metrics, input to site diaries and good record keeping.
* Identification of issues that could impact programme and cost.
* Communicate site instructions where delegated and ensure site communications are delivered through the right channels with the right authority,
* Technical checking and review of site based data including drillers logs and engineers logs.
* Identify issue early and escalate to the Lead Geotechnical Engineer as necessary.
* Degree in geology or geotechnical engineering (or equivalent qualification)
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in ground investigations
* Asbestos awareness training
* CSCS card
* Full UK Driving Licence
Must have own means of transport to site
Accommodation provided close to site if needed