We are looking for an individual with previous commercial broking or underwriting experience. This would be an ideal role for someone who has built up some good knowledge in their current role but is now looking for the next step. As with all our roles, this is a high-volume position and the successful candidate will be working with the underwriting team to check all quotations and renewals before they are provided to a customer. We will expect the candidate to have started their insurance qualifications and be willing to continue these and full support will be provided. The Assistant Underwriter will ultimately be named on all insurer binders and will get involved in all our company schemes. With current growth plans, this is an exciting role for the right person, with plenty of opportunity to get involved in different classes of business and different scheme products.
* Assisting with the checking of new business quotations for the Sales Team to ensure that these are provided within the terms of the Binding Agreement
* Assisting with the checking of renewal terms and mid-term adjustments for the Customer Service Team to ensure that these are provided within the terms of the Binding Agreement
* To assist with the underwriting of scheme and non-scheme business
* Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of our products and a well-developed ability to follow processes
* To work with underwriters using internal systems
* To assist with monthly audit reviews
* Ensure customers are treated fairly, in line with Henry Seymour’s Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly Policy
* Adhere to all compliance and quality standards including FCA Regulations and GDPR
What skills and Experience do I need?
* Cert CII qualified however we will consider a candidate that has started or would be willing to start their insurance qualifications with full support provided.
* Minimum of 2 years previous experience in the commercial insurance broking/underwriting industry (Experience within the Construction/Hair and Beauty Sector would be of an advantage)
* Track record of personal development and growth in previous roles
* Experience in encouraging and building positive internal and external relationships
* High level of attention to detail to ensure accurate documentation is maintained
* Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
* Excellent numeracy, literacy and IT skills
* A proactive attitude and enthusiastic approach
* Able to prioritise your workload
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.