Do you have a strong interest for electromechanics? Are you fascinated with repairing, servicing and see how things work? Would you love to work for a market leader within the white goods industry as a Field Service Engineer?
The Concept Academy are hiring Trainee Engineers to join a market leader of large domestic appliances such as washing machines, refrigerators, dishwashers, cookers & tumble dryers.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking keen individuals with a willingness to learn that would love to get hands on within a new industry. You will have a passion within electromechanicals with basic experience also being advantageous. Other qualifying areas or experience that may be considered are ; vehicle maintenance, coffee machines, vending machines, ticket machines, parking machines, washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers, microwaves fridges etc.
It is important that you are able to demonstrate;
* Fantastic customer service skills
* Energetic, driven & great attention to detail
* Eagerness to learn
* Problem solving in difficult situations
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Long term goal to be trained as a competent engineer
Our training academy
* Fully comprehensive training including classroom, workshop and theory
* First training course is a 3 - 4 week training course at client Head Office in Peterborough then a further 2 weeks shadowing a Senior Engineer within the field.
* This would require you to stay overnight within the week and go home on weekends during training
Life after training
You have completed your 4 week training, you have a shiny new van, tools and parts all loaded, you’re ready to go … so what’s next?
* Service repair and maintenance within domestic settings on a range of domestic appliances
* Monitor and maintain adequate stock levels
* Completing service calls via PDA
* Monthly one to ones with Regional Supervisor & Team quarterly meetings
* Ongoing training and skill set monitoring
* Aiming for first time fix rate
* Day to day updates via Coordination Team
* This role is field based and you will be covering around your home location
What’s on offer?
* £21,000 per annum (£23,000 within London)
* £1,000 salary increase after 6 months
* Opportunity to earn commission
* Van & fuel card
* Comprehensive training courses direct from manufacturer followed by 2 week shadowing on the field.
* 20 days holiday + bank holidays
* Payable through an umbrella company
* Quarterly engineer reward scheme
* Access to Perkbox
* This is an ongoing training contract & you will have the opportunity to be made permanent (based on performance)
* Uniform, Tools, test equipment, footwear, PPE, face masks, hand sanitiser provided
* Strong interest in an engineering discipline
* Full UK Driving License
* Right to work in the UK
* Appropriate delivery point for a courier to have 24/7 access to deliver stock e.g. (garage, storage unit, ideally 50 sq foot) is essential
* Good written & excellent verbal communication skills across all levels
* Good time management and organisation skills
* Happy to stay away from home when training at Head Office.
* Confident using Android devices
What is the interview process?
* Initial telephone screening to discuss background, training academy & the role
* Video call with Service Delivery Coordinator competency based / technical questions
* Face to face / video interview with Service Delivery Manager
This would be a fantastic role for a trainee who wants to become a field service engineer and learn a new industry.
For more information please see - https://www.conceptresourcing.com/concept-academy/
We are recruiting heavily over the next year, so if you don’t see a vacancy within your area, but you want to register your interest, please email your CV with the subject – Academy Engineer Interest.