Are you an experienced Finance Assistant who can demonstrate strong experience of Sage 50 or Sage 200 along with using Excel on a daily basis? If so, then we want to hear from you!
Our client, a leading financial and technology services firm, based in Edinburgh, are looking for a Senior Finance Assistant to join their team on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract
* Sage experience is essential in Sage 50 or Sage 200
* Fluent in MS Office Excel
* Relevant accountancy experience preferably gained within a financial services environment
* Excellent attention to detail
* An ability to plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure the monthly oversight and reporting is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
* Comfortable suggesting changes to procedures as identified and be involved in the continuous improvement development of processes
* A team player and willing to develop others to increase team and individual performance.
* Experience in preparing financial and business information
* Responsible for revenue, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and cash forecasting and enforcing credit policy
* Prepare quarterly VAT returns
* Contribute to the year-end financial statements and audit processes
* Contribute to the drawing up of budgets during the yearly budget setting process and preparing variance analysis through the year
* Prepare and process quarter- and month-ends
* Ensure key accounting reconciliations are performed on a timely basis and in line with standard operating procedures with review or performing bank, credit card and cash reconciliations
* Cash management across multiple accounts and currencies and processing creditor payment runs across multiple currencies
* Woking closely with the Finance Manager and reviewing work completed by the Accounts Assistant
* Assist the Finance Manager in ad hoc assignments, including the preparation of statutory returns (FCA and ONS), and assisting with the collation and preparation of Management Information
* Maintaining accurate accounting records
* Liaising with all levels of the business, clients and suppliers
* Enforcing Finance policies and ensuring procedures and controls followed, including assisting in the review of systems and controls, identification of more automated methods and streamlining processes where possible
* To ensure all filling is done in a timely and accurate manner
* To apply accounting knowledge and techniques to all areas of work, including the production of journals, routine costing and variance analysis.
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 13485
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we’re advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.