Job title: Vascular Scientist - Part Time
Location: Euston, London
Salary: up to £55,000 depending on experience- pro rata
Hours: 22 hours per week
InHealth sees more than 3 million patients each year and Ultrasound is one of the busiest services that we provide. Our fully managed Ultrasound diagnostic examination service offers increased capacity for NHS trusts and independent healthcare providers, and convenient, fast access to services for patients. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Vascular Scientist to join our Ultrasound team in London at the University College Hospital in Euston.
What will you do?
In your role as Vascular Scientist, reporting to the Operations Manager, your skills and expertise allow you to clinically lead and participate in providing a high-quality clinical service in non-invasive vascular investigations at UCL and community vascular ultrasound; adhering to best practice of ultrasound technique. By doing this, you will maintain a high level of professionalism and technical standard of work, complying with relevant Codes of Practice, while also contributing to service development plans and actively participate in CPD, audit, escalations and research activities.
What are some of the key responsibilities?
* Provide a patient cantered practice, initiate and maintain clinical and administrative procedures in line with agreed policies and procedures and to demonstrate knowledge of advanced clinical practice
* Undertake primary responsibility, on a day to day basis, for service provision and the effective utilisation of all resources allocated
* Undertake examinations in line with the patient referrals adhering to departmental guidelines
* Carry out and interpret all non-invasive vascular investigations; currently extra-cranial, upper limb arterial/venous, lower limb arterial/venous, aortic & visceral arterial, bypass graft surveillance and pre & post exercise pressure measurements
* When required, assist with ultrasound guided ablation of varicose vein (VNUS/EVLT)
* Independently interpret, report and discuss all findings following routine and complex vascular investigation
* Respond quickly and efficiently to emergency requirements of patient’s needs
* Maintain high professional standards in the performance of all diagnostic examinations
* Review Personal Development Plans
* Clinically justify vascular investigations requests
* Training of junior clinical staff
* Take responsibility for equipment by reporting faults, failures or breakdowns to the Operations Manager or when required to service engineers. Responsible for safe use of all specialist equipment by self and trainees
* Administrative tasks to ensure systems are kept up to date and assist the reception and secretarial staff with queries as necessary
* Responsible for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others within the laboratory
* Share knowledge and clinical expertise, while keeping up to date with specialist clinical areas, as well as taking ownership of any required Statutory and Mandatory training
* Liaise and communicate effectively with staff both within and external to the department regarding day-to-day operations and patient care.
We’re looking for someone who is:
* A passionate and committed leader that can motivate, encourage and communicate with staff and colleagues at all levels
* Resilient, assertive, focused and demonstrates a strong sense of opportunity and positivity
* A people manager with a strong drive to go above and beyond, and can engage and motivate a multi-disciplinary team to achieve high results
* A commercially aware individual with creative thinking
* Educated and knowledgeable about CQC requirements, Health & Safety, Infection Control, the Data Protection Act and Caldicott Principles
* An individual that demonstrates an appreciation of patient care and confidentiality
In order to apply you should:
* Be an Accredited Vascular Scientist and hold a Diploma in Medical Ultrasound
* Have experience of interpreting and reporting ultrasound findings
* Be a member of an appropriate professional body and evidence of ongoing accreditation
* Have experience using a variety of vascular ultrasound equipment
* Have safety awareness skills utilising ultrasound equipment
* Have a professional and cooperative attitude towards patients, customers and colleagues
* Have previous experience of leading a small team or project
* Have strong supervision/training skills, self-management and organisational skills
* Understanding of clinical governance
What can we offer you?
We offer a fantastic benefits package, which is available through a mobile-enabled rewards platform, called InJoy. This is your place to access thousands of offers and discounts on a wide range of products and services relating to: travel, eating out, technology, fashion, leisure and more!
We also offer:
* Private medical insurance
* 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
* Access to a 24/7 employee assistance programme
* Life assurance
* and more!
Making sure our people are happy at work is one of our main priorities, which means giving them as many opportunities as we can to support their personal and professional growth. We also have an innovative approach to personal and professional development, helping you to be the best version of you and giving you a real career pathway