* This role is permanent
* 36-42 contracted hours a week and overtime is readily available
* pay rate of up £10.70 an hour.
* You must hold a valid SIA licence
* Hold a full manual driving licence and be able to travel to and from sites in your area
* You must be available to work, days, nights and weekends.
* Uniform is provided,
* Training is paid
* 5.6 weeks holiday annually.
Would you like to help us make the world a safer place, people protecting people?
Here at Securitas we guard and protect a variety of clients across the globe, these range from banks, retail chains, and leisure venues through to corporate offices. Our employees play an integral role in making people feel safe. Securitas is encouraging and empowering diversity & inclusion in the workplace and has been recognised with both UK SuperBrand and UK Top Employer awards for 2019/2020.
The successful candidate will provide security services at various sites across a defined geographical area as required.
Protecting the customer’s employees, property and other assets
Delivering the highest levels of customer service which consistently demonstrate Securitas’ core values of Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness.
This role will cover shifts of days, nights and weekends on a baseline of 42 hours per week, with the availability for overtime.
How you will make an impact as a Relief Security Officer:
* Prevent and deter unauthorised access to site.
* Monitor fire alarms, intruder alarms and CCTV.
* Conduct external and internal security patrols.
* Carry out routine tests of security equipment.
* Maintain all logbooks and records, ensuring all paperwork is completed in a timely fashion and conduct effective handover procedures. Record and report all faults, health and safety hazards and unsafe working practices to management.
* Provide support, guidance and information to all staff, visitors and contractors whilst ensuring safeguarding of the premises.
* Ensure health and safety procedures are followed at all times.
* Report any usage of First Aid equipment and shortfalls in the contents of First Aid boxes.
* Report instances of property at risk of being lost, stolen, damaged and/or vandalised.
* During patrols, switch off unnecessary lights and close windows.
* Display an outstanding level of customer service.
* Display the highest standard of personal presentation to maintain the image of Securitas and the customer.
* Identify opportunities for improving practices and processes.
* Undertake any other duties as requested by Management.
Security | Patrol | CCTV | Customer Service | Gatehouse | Front of House | SIA | Security Officer | Protective Services | Guard | Door Staff
What you will bring to be a Relief Security Officer:
* Be available as and when called upon to cover shifts, occasionally at short notice.
* Full SIA Licence
* Right to work in the UK and have a five-year checkable employment history or be able to produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment
* No current criminal convictions.
* A full UK driving licence and own transport due to location of client’s sites.
* Excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus.
* Be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
* Be punctual and reliable.
* Be willing and able to work shifts covering days, nights and week-ends
* Prior experience as a Security Officer in the Security industry.
* First aid at Work qualification
* CCTV licence
* Paid holiday, company pension and life assurance scheme
* Discounted gym membership
* Wellness advice and support
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Car lease and new car purchasing schemes
* Employee discounts and cashback savings across hundreds of your favourite high street brands, online shopping, holidays, and days out.
* City & Guilds accredited training program for professional and personal development
* Support to gain your SIA license
Our values are the foundation of our operations and the corporate culture is built on these values that help to shape a long-term, financially successful enterprise by creating value for customers, employees, and shareholders. They are summarized in three words: Integrity, Vigilance, and Helpfulness.
With our roots dating back to 1934, Securitas is one of the largest security service organizations in the world, we have around 150,000 clients, of which 150 are globally listed companies. We specialize in protecting corporate organizations, small to medium-sized businesses, and the public so a successful applicant will join an industry leader with over 370,000 employees, of which 9,500 are in the UK.
We are a company where you can develop your Security career, with access to training and the ability to gain professionally recognised qualifications so you can grow in confidence and take on more responsibility.
Join the Securitas Team today!