This role requires an experienced and knowledgeable power generation and propulsion systems engineer, who have the proven technical breadth & depth in this area to be acknowledged to have successfully delivered on projects, programmes and contracts of this size and complexity.
This is a Portsmouth based role but there is an expectation that the majority of time will be spent at the Birkenhead supporting on-site activities.
• Provide electrical engineering expertise
• Support the solution development of Technical Queries raised by the embodiment team to ensure that design intent is maintained through the change process (endorsement of TQ responses remains with the Project Delegation of Authority).
• Provide engineering expertise relating to all electrical aspects of the power and propulsion system solution within the boundary of activities assigned by the Electrical Engineering Lead.
• Provide the ‘on site’ technical interface on all day-to-day matters concerning the electrical aspects of the power and propulsion system solution with the customer, alliance partners and key supply chain OEMs, including the Ministry DE&S, Naval Command, MCTA, etc.
• Provide support to the development and integration of the P+P system setting to work and acceptance trials within the Contract Master Schedule (CMS).
• Provide support for assurance that the overall P&P system design is adequate i.e. it is robust, and provide supporting documentation for the safety case.
• Support the achievement of delegated project cost and schedule objectives, whilst continually maintaining quality and other performance requirements.
• Lead on-site interface for client and partner organisations
• Manage the interfaces between electrical OEMs to ensure the efficient conduct of OEM installation and test & commissioning activities (includes support to CL planning activities)
• Attend on-site acceptance events relating to electrical scope of work
• Provide support to PIP sea trials
Regarded as a knowledgeable and skilled in the naval marine power and propulsion system electrical engineering discipline.
Requires a depth and breadth of knowledge gained through substantial work experience in order to apply the appropriate principles and concepts in naval marine power and propulsion system electrical engineering.
Has a proven capability in the design of electrical installation solutions of front line naval combatants, with a good knowledge of the applicable design standards.
Applies knowledge and detailed understanding to electrical engineering theories, concepts, practices, principals and approaches, able to apply theoretical engineering knowledge, experience & skills to develop products & services, specifications, designs and developments, able to resolve technical & performance issues and problems for a platform, product or service level.
A proven knowledge and experience of naval platform P+P system acceptance trials (Harbour and Sea trials)