Would you like to make a difference in the lives of children and young people ? Would you like a rewarding job that helps create a better lifestyle and future for disabled children ?
If you have recent experience working with Children with Disabilities, this could be your perfect role.
We are looking for a Qualified Social Worker in the Disabled Children's Service, in a frontline Child Protection Team just outside the London area. This is an ongoing locum Social Work role and we need your CWD expertise.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience, with experience of legal processes and court work. You will be familiar with statutory processes in relation to Children with Disabilities and will be working across the borough.
Benefits for you as a CWD Social Worker:
-The family safeguarding model has mostly pushed to specifically have less children in care. (Entire authority working to make sure you have less work)
- Caseloads are 13-16 (children, not families) lower than the neighbouring authorities, much lower than neighbouring authorities.
- Senior Management support is always there, not constantly jumping from one crisis to another.
- Ofsted: The only SE Authority rated Good with Outstanding features AS WELL AS a recent positive JTAI inspection. This is important in terms of safe practice and development.
- We have not had a single Social Worker reject an offer from them in the last year due to the working environment they offer, they mean what they say unlike a lot of desparate managers just trying to recruit.
- The FSM is a multidisciplinary multi-agency service, with Court Workers, Psychologists, MH Workers, Domestic Abuse workers, Substance misuse workers, and 2 Adult Social Workers.
- Since implementing FSM: Has seen a 49% drop in CP cases, 31% reduction in children subject to CP plans, Number of children missing reduced by 30%, 12% consistent reduction in children becoming Looked After.
- Care procedings reduced to 37%, which shows that there are not many repeat cases, parents are being better trained in SAFELY taking care of the kids.
- Finance director is encouraging Social Care to be more innovative and creative with solutions, instead of just dictating cuts.
- Open plan office, everyone is available there, professionals aren't split up. You don't have to submit requests for info, you have it ready for you. Things move very quickly, not bogged down in paperwork.
- IT is on point with making sure people work smoothly, the same IT guys have been there for such a long time. You start work from day 1, no waiting around.
- Morale focus, family feel, lots of events take place like Tough Mudder, Fun Runs, Yoga, Laughter Groups, and they have Therapy Dogs that you can pet every week or so :)
- Everyone which interviewed there gave great feedback on the team and the managers, attractive environment to work in, especially with their newly renovated office.
- Parking is refunded, not a busy area, loads of spaces around
- New shopping centre 5 mins walk away, lots of great places to shop and eat
How to Apply
If you would like to apply to this role, please send you CV to M.Murphy@nonstop-recruitment.com, asap as shortlisting has already begun.
If this role is not quite right for you but you would like to have a conversation about other roles, please search and connect with me, Michelle Murphy, on LinkedIn.
We are NonStop, a leading provider of staffing solutions throughout Europe and now also in the US. We're passionate about connecting talent with opportunity and work non-stop to support our clients in hiring the best talent for their teams. Feel free to pop over to our website, NonStop Consulting, for more information, to browse all our roles, or to let us know how we can help you.