IT Project Manager (Inside IR35 Contract)
Our Client are seeking an experienced IT Project Manager who will be responsible for the delivery of IT and Digital work steams on behalf of the client. The IT Project Manager will undertake key activities such as stakeholder management, including supplier management, client management, operations (including the IT internal customer and MSP), management, all IT work streams, including testing.
• Manage projects from initiation through delivery, managing scope, risk and ensuring completion of the project objectives to agreed timescales, budget constraints and quality standards.
• Ensure that projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality specifications including managing the projects scope and preventing scope creep unless agreed
• Produce business cases, project management plans and other project documentation keeping them updated with actual progress
• Evaluate project risks, develop contingency plans, and respond quickly to changes in risk as projects progress
• Collaborate with the technical and security team leads to manage compliance and requirements
• Engage and manage 3rd party supplier interactions for resources planning and commitments
• Conduct scoping sessions with internal stakeholders to gather requirements and produce change management documentation
• Where required produce technical and functional documentation for both existing and new systems
• Manage all levels of testing and sign-off with the various stakeholders
• Work with business leads to produce estimates for projects or change requests ensuring that costs are tracked, and do not exceed those approved
Desirable Attributes and Experience
• Direct experience of designing, managing and implementing projects / systems and business change management processes including managing multiple concurrent projects & change requests
• Knowledge and experience of working in the public sector and/or secure clients in the context of a technical IT project delivery role
• Experience of setting up, leading, motivating, and directing cross functional project teams including workshop facilitation techniques
• Experience or background in business analysis, system design, consultancy, configuration and testing.
• Experience with application integration and infrastructure projects.
• Experience with operating a project governance framework
Additional Role Information
• Technical IT Competence with regards to Cloud, Networking and Infrastructure projects
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in order to: communicate complex information clearly and concisely to individuals influence internal and external stakeholders and disseminate information appropriately through the company hierarchy.