BARROW OR FILTON
£47.96 PAYE (inclusive of holiday) / £53.81 per hour umbrella
The successful candidates will develop and enact the systems engineering activities in the concept phase of a major Systems of Systems programme. They will also:
* Undertake Requirements Management, V&V, Process Development and Configuration Management.
* Undertake Systems Modelling in collaboration with engineers of other disciplines.
* Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to mature systems and system supporting documentation.
* Support the development of Engineering Management Plans and the supporting governance and assurance framework.
* Maintain high quality documentation in support of the tasks being undertaken both for delivery as part of the programme and supporting business review, programme progress tracking etc.
1 Development of systems engineering approach and execution of systems engineering activities with limited supervision.
2 Supporting and addressing integration, qualification and certification of complex systems.
3 Define, implement and govern interface management for complex systems.
4 Engaging with customers and stakeholders on specific technical matters.
5 Working as part of a technical team in support of project objectives.
6 Supporting requirements elicitation, development and compliance management.
7 Development and enactment of key systems engineering focused management plans.
8 Produce technical documentation in support of work carried out.
9 Plans and structures own work under direction of project leadership.
10 Delivery and progress reporting to senior technical and project staff.
11 Escalates significant problems and issues encountered with senior staff.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
* Proven ability in Systems Engineering in particular for complex systems of systems.
* Knowledge of systems integration at cross platform level.
* Requirements derivation, verification and validation proven ability.
* Configuration management understanding.
* Awareness of architecture description frameworks (e.g. MODAF).
* Ability to interact and influence a wide variety of stakeholders.
* Proven ability in developing the strategy for and enacting the qualification of complex systems of systems.
* Knowledge of the application and adaption of systems engineering lifecycles to major engineering programmes.
* Awareness of relevant systems engineering standards such as ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288.
* Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering tools, techniques and notations highly desirable
* Ability to use modelling toolsets such as Sparx Enterprise Architect highly desirable
* Previous knowledge of using the DOORs toolset highly desirable