Are you a qualified or part qualified accountant who has experience of Financial Control and an appreciation of operational risk concepts, either from an audit or industry (including Financial Services) background? If so, then we may have the role for you!
Our client, a leading financial services firm in Glasgow, is looking for a Financial Controller to join the team on an initial 12-month contract.
* ACCA, CA, CIMA qualification. or currently studying towards
* Strong appreciation of operational risk concepts,
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to and manage a team to deadlines,
* Committed and self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative & problem-solving abilities
* Strong client and partner relationship abilities
* Analytical skills with a control focus and high regard for attention to detail
* Critical thinking to challenge processes, solve for ad hoc queries and creativity to suggest alternative approaches
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to deal with colleagues/clients of all levels
* Strong MS office skills.
* Supporting senior management in terms of roll out of Firm mandated Risk programs and in establishment of appropriate governance framework
* Perform Finance operational risk reporting with focus on operational risk incidents and risk issues.
* Perform monitoring and quality assurance activities over operational risk incidents, issues and action plans logged in Firm risk tools.
* Perform data analysis for identification of thematic risk issues and escalate, suggest remediation as appropriate.
* Partner with colleagues and internal clients on various projects, for example improve the collection, monitoring and reporting of risks and key risk indicators.
* Participate in efforts for process standardisation, short-term tactical improvements and longer-term strategic initiatives including automation of reporting processes.
* Assist global colleagues in execution of various streams of operational risk related work (e.g. Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Sarbanes-Oxley, Information Security, Business Continuity Planning).
* Managing the production of Finance operational risk reports and analysis of risk information and metrics including creation of production efficiencies through rationalisation and automation
* Performing value-add thematic analysis and quality assurance over operational risk data reported by Finance globally
* Assisting and supporting team members and global colleagues in development and automation where applicable of enhanced reporting and improved risk mitigation initiatives including key risk indicators
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 13598
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we’re advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.