Would you like to be part of something amazing? Our people are our greatest asset and we invest in career progression and personal development, so that you can be a part of a workforce that remains focused, dedicated and happy. We collaborate, we raise standards and we win awards. So why not come and be amazing with Wilson James?
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 brilliant people across the three services. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver high quality solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries, providing services to some of the world’s most iconic brands. We collaborate. We raise standards. We win awards.
We are looking for a Security Supervisor to join us at our client site.
The post holder is directly responsible for the supervision, mentoring and development of the officers deployed on their shift team at the customers Basingstoke location.
* To maintain close lines of communication with the site and contract managers. Taking direction from either as may be required in the performance of the Job Role.
* To help observe full compliance with SIA licensing requirements by ensuring all Wilson James staff deployed for duty on site are in possession of a Valid SIA license at the outset of their duty, highlighting any non-compliance immediately to the Site manager.
* To ensure effective and detailed handovers take place between shift the teams, including the transfer of relevant communications to the oncoming shift and full testing of the functionality of all equipment and systems issued to, operated or monitored by the security team at the outset of your duty, highlighting and escalating any equipment/systems faults to the appropriate person(s) in line with directives and operational needs.
* To initiate the production of detailed reports following any reportable incidents or occurrences. Escalating to the management team at the earliest opportunity in line with site procedures.
* To be fully conversant with all processes, procedures and policies pertaining to or utilized by the Security operation. Communicating these along with any updates as required to the security officers under your supervision. Highlighting any required amendments to the management team in a timely manner wherever necessary.
* To maintain the level of training of all staff deployed on your shift team to the agreed levels, ensuring all training documentation is completed correctly and in a timely manner, highlighting further development needs for your staff to the site manager as required.
* To ensure compliance with GDPR Data Protection Legislation regarding disclosure of personal and confidential information held on the security logs and databases including CCTV systems.
* Be able to promote and deliver excellent customer service
* IT literate in the use of all Microsoft office tools
* Experience with using and managing the use of ACS equipment
* Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly in emergencies or under pressure
* Have an ability to deliver succinct and clear verbal and written reports
* Maintain a high standard of personal presentation
* Demonstrate reliability including the ability to deliver high standards of both punctuality and attendance in order to ensure team effectiveness and availability
* Able to demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team.
* Able to deal calmly and confidently deal with all contractual demands from the client.
* SIA DS/SG
Successful candidates will be vetted by Wilson James before employment is confirmed. Wilson James take the vetting process extremely seriously and have a dedicated team who validate employment and investigate gaps. For this, candidates who are invited for an interview must be able to provide a full 5 year or back to school work history, accounting for any gaps and proof of right to work, address and SIA license (if applicable).
Failure to provide this evidence will result in Wilson James not being able to comply with the BS7858 Standard (the British Standards Institution for screening individuals employed in a security environment) and therefore no offer of employment is able to be made.
* CCTV license
* First Aid
*Please mark the smartrecruitonline.com domain as “Safe” or add it to your whitelist to ensure you receive our emails*
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 employees. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries.
Wilson James provides services to some of the world’s most iconic brands. We collaborate. We raise standards. We win awards.
We employ more than 5,000 brilliant people across security, construction logistics and aviation services.
We celebrate diversity. With more than 75 nationalities represented in the Wilson James family, we are a truly inclusive company.
Wilson James is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position, however each case will be assessed on an individual basis.
For information about Wilson James' commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please see our website.