Job title: Lead Nurse
Location: Preventicum Clinic - Chancery Lane, Central London
Salary: £33,000 - £37,500 depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Preventicum is an established, private clinic offering detailed health assessments within a luxury environment. Located in central London, the clinic is easily accessed by many transport links. We offer state-of-the-art health check ups in a ‘5-star’ environment, and we are now looking for a Nurse to join our expanding team.
Our patients expect 5-star service at every touchpoint and as the Lead Clinic Nurse you will deliver a professional and patient-focused service whilst working as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside doctors and clinicians, we are looking for a flexible, professional, confident individual with and a 'can do’ attitude.
As Lead Nurse, what will you be responsible for?
* Undertaking and overseeing observations and tests including blood pressure checks, temperature check, blood tests, pulse oximetry, height, weight, body composition, BMI, hearing and eye pressure checks
* Clarifying patient’s identification and completing the pre-test consent form
* Advising patients of relevant examination details as and when required with the support of the overseeing practitioner
* Answering the phone when required, taking messages and communicating to the appropriate member of staff
* Ensuring all patients suites are prepared for their arrival with a welcome pack, and all areas are clean and presentable
* Ensuring patients are in the correct test at their scheduled time, and the patient board is kept up to date
* Acting as a chaperone when required (training will be given if needed)
* Assisting with, and if trained, undertaking HPV screening and smear tests
* Chasing patient blood results from laboratory if needed, and ensuring test results are available for the doctor for their final consultation
* Managing the patient amenities (tracksuit, slippers, water bottle and mask) and supporting the operations team to manage the stock levels
* Serving patient lunches, ensuring correct food handling and hygiene
We want to hear from individuals that:
* Can demonstrate an appreciation of patient care and are passionate about providing a 5-star service for customers and colleagues
* Have a genuine desire to be part of a fast-growing clinic where customer relationships are key
* Have the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a multidisciplinary team
* Understand the implications of the Data Protection Act, Caldicott Principles and GDPR
What skills and experience will you need to apply?
* BSc in Nursing or equivalent with NMC registration
* Experience of completing basic medical examinations as per above
* A high level of professionalism and technical standard of work, complying with relevant Codes of Practice
* A flexible approach to work, with the ability to work contracted hours across 7 days per week
What can Preventicum offer you?
We offer a fantastic benefits package, which is available through a mobile-enabled rewards platform, called InJoy. This is your place to access thousands of offers and discounts on a wide range of products and services relating to: travel, eating out, technology, leisure, fashion and more!
In addition to this, we also offer:
* Private medical insurance
* 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
* Company pension scheme
* Access to a 24/7 employee assistance programme
* Life assurance
* Enhanced parental leave
* and more!
Making sure our people are happy at work is one of our main priorities, which means giving them as many opportunities as we can to support their personal and professional growth. We also have an innovative approach to personal and professional development, helping you to be the best version of you and giving you a real career pathway.
Preventicum is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community.