Hi, we’re Securitas, we guard and protect things, right now somewhere around the world someone’s most important assets are being monitored and protected by our Security Teams. From maintaining a safe environment for fans at Wembley Stadium or monitoring CCTV for savers cash at a global Bank, through to guarding the real estate and construction workforce for one of the UK’s largest Rail infrastructure projects, our Security Officers play an integral role in making people feel safe.
We now have a new vacancy for Control Room Shift Supervisor.
4 on 4 off days and nights 07:00 – 19:00 and 19:00 – 07:00 based at Westfield Stratford City.
Reports to Deputy Security Operations Manager
How you will make an impact as a Control Room Shift Supervisor :
* you will provide exceptional leadership and direction in the management of the Westfield Stratford Control Room, which is responsible for supporting and managing all the centre operations 24 hours per day 7 days per week.
* you will provide clear and timely communication to all within the centre on key issues that affect the business operation and customer service delivery.
Responsible for the ‘live’ operation of the Control Room that manages the essential functions of.
* Radio coverage for the Centre.
* CCTV coverage for the Centre
* Fire Safety Control and alarm receiving.
* Fire Safety testing and auditing.
* Health safety & welfare of Security Officers.
* The management of all incidents occurring at Westfield Stratford City in line with Westfield Stratford City Policy, AI’s. SOPs and management instructions.
* Business Continuity Planning centred on the continued operation of the Control Room and Centre.
* Leadership and direction to controllers on duty to ensure all issues are dealt with correctly.
Provide timely, accurate and effective communication to all within the business including the Westfield Centre Management and SECURITAS on;
* Incidents that occur on or affect Westfield Stratford City
* Daily management reporting via an accurate but concise Daily Flash Report
* Completion of serious incident reports and timelines
Main Duties of the Role
* Maintain effective oversight of all incidents at Westfield Stratford City to ensure they are managed effectively, and all risks are addressed.
* Ensure all incidents are logged and managed effectively through to completion, ensuring that incident management standards are adhered to.
* Manage the control room in line with the standards outlined within the AI.
* Monitor and allocate officer attendance to fire alarm activations.
* Ensure an effective control room response to evacuations and serious incidents, allocating responsibilities as outlined in the Assignment Instructions.
* Manage the personnel within the Control Room.
* Ensure that business issues are effectively communicated to the relevant centre departments.
* Provide duty management support outside of core hours as and when required.
* Planning manpower provision within the Control Room.
* Manage Security Officer mall positions and break coverage, carrying out any audit required by management to ensure officers are on post and their health and safety.
What you will bring to be a Control Room Shift Manager:
* Has the ability to contribute toward a team operation or can work on his own initiative.
* Able to communicate effectively and clearly at all levels within the organisation.
* Complete working knowledge of all systems including GENTEC.
* Comprehensive working knowledge of all processes and procedures.
* A skilful negotiator who can resolve staff issues.
* A decisive and assertive decision-maker who can interpret situations to proceed with a prioritised action plan that achieves the results required.
* A positive attitude to dealing with people and taking on challenges.
* Excellent analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered and prioritise activity and ongoing communication. ? Significant experience in managing people and challenging situations.
* Excellent oral communicator.
* Strong written skills for reports, incidents and presentations.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, to liaise with security officers, managers and directors.
* Commercial awareness of cost implication for decision-making implications.
Securitas and you:
* Up to 25 days annual holiday
* Company Pension Scheme
* Company Life Assurance
* Discounted gym membership
* Wellness advise and support
* Car lease and new car purchasing schemes
* City & Guilds accredited training program for professional and personal development
A Securitas employee is honest and therefore trusted to work unsupervised on the customer's premises and with valuables. Securitas never compromises in its demand for integrity. Integrity also includes openly expressing one's opinion, reporting improprieties and not withholding information.
Professionalism entails seeing, hearing and evaluating, and a Securitas employee is always attentive. Professionals develop an intuition that helps us to notice things that others don't.