My client are a prestigious government organisation, with two office location (one in Newport, South Wales and one in Fareham, Hampshire). They're seeking a Data Handling Specialist for a 6 month contract assignment. Contract extensions / transitioning into a permanent position is a strong possibility.
The post will provide pivotal programming support to a team developing and delivering the programmes to import, validate and structure key administrative data.
* Support the administrative data engineering strategy, working closely with managers and other teams in the Data Architecture Division.
* To develop, test and document the end-to-end process for developing ETL data pipelines
* Supporting (if experienced users of Cloudera tools), other areas of the organisation, working collaboratively with teams
Skills and Experience
* Ability to work within a busy team
* Ability to communication at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Experienced in handling and manipulating very large data sets
* Experienced in using a variety of statistical or data engineering programming tools and techniques, especially in distributed computing with Hadoop
* Share information appropriately and build supportive, trusting and professional relationships
* The applicant should also be experienced with one (or preferably) more of the following programming languages:
* SQL (Hive and Impala);
* Spark (Pyspark or Scala).
* Version control using git and GitHub
* Using the Hadoop Distributed File System