NonStop are working with one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world to seek a HSEQ Advisor. Our client produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances.
Their site is located approximately 10 miles from the City of Manchester and covers an area of 300 acres. All of their manufacturing operations are registered to the internationally recognised ISO9001 and ISO 14001 quality and environmental standards and make products for the UK and export markets.
* Provide support to the HSEQ Manager on all health, safety, environmental and quality activities on site
* Liaise with relevant stakeholders and legislative bodies, councils, communities etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Ongoing coordination of site HSE&Q activities to ensure objectives are met.
* Ownership of MPO quality system.
Site Focal Point for:
* ISO Quality Standards and maintaining ISO9001 and ISO14001 certification
* Environmental Regulatory bodies (Environment Agency)
* Waste management,
* Site Global Safety Day & Site Global Care Day
* Site Radiation Safety and ongoing control of radiation sources on site (inc liaison with, Radiation Protection Advisor, Counter Terrorism Security Advisors and Environment Agency).
* Health and Medical Management
* Assessment and health risk assessments
* Site Life Beats Coordinator
* Occupational Health Contract Issues
* Training and competency (including site responsible person for GoalZERO Leadership Training), compliance and management including the Safety Hub System and LMS Updates from teams on site.
* TKM for the quality management community, Ionising Radiations Regulations (1999) and site Radiation Protection Supervisor
Site responsible person for:
* Work Control Procedures & Processes (Energy isolation, Permitry, Excavations and Confined Spaces) including the role of Authorised Safety Inspector.
* Management of contactor HSE.
* IMPACT and Documentum (Training of personnel in both systems and compliance with the processes). Liaison with corporate on improvements and new electronic systems which affect HSEQ.
* Ownership of the site Audit & Observation programme, ensuring compliance with OE Expectations and development of the site wide programme (including monthly reporting on compliance)
* Maintain an appropriate level of E&Q awareness across site, e.g. through training.
* Gate keep environmental & HSE legislation
* Compliance with various regulations such as Chemical Weapons, Poly Chlorinated Biphenyls.
* Annual technical reports – coordinate input of data and submission.
* Coordinate handling of Incidents Notifiable to the Environment Agency.
* Monitoring of management systems such that the site complies with relevant Environmental legislation, industry standards and company guidelines.
* Responsible for compliance with various regulations such as Chemical Weapons, Poly Chlorinated Biphenyl, Wildlife Act.
* Annual technical reports – coordinate & input of data and submit to the Environment Agency, SECR and CIA.
Key Qualifications & Skills:
* A recognised Environmental Qualification accredited to IEMA, IChemE.
* HND in chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent.
* Lead auditor in ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
* Chartered Member or working towards a Relevant Industry Body (IEMA, IOSH etc)
* Basic IT capabilities (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Fluency in written and verbal English is essential
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in, please send your CV, ideally in Word format, via this site.
If this role is not quite right for you but you would like to have a conversation about other roles, please search and connect with me, Nikita Sheth, on LinkedIn.
We are NonStop, a leading provider of staffing solutions throughout Europe and now also in the US. We’re passionate about connecting talent with opportunity and work non-stop to support our clients in hiring the best talent for their teams. Feel free to pop over to our website, NonStop Consulting, for more information, to browse all our roles, or to let us know how we can help you.
A recognised Environmental Qualification accredited to IEMA, IChemE.
HND in chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent.
Lead auditor in ISO 9001 and ISO 14001