Our client, one for the world’s largest investment companies is recruiting a Group Financial Accountant. If you are open to exciting new opportunities, then we would love to hear from you!
The Group Financial Accountant will report to the Accounting Policy & Advisory Manager in the Group Reporting team. The Accounting Policy & Advisory team is a small strategic team that provides accounting advice and guidance in respect of projects and initiatives. You will be required to explain the impact of projects and initiatives on the IFRS income statement, balance sheet and adjusted profit.
* 2-5 years’ post qualification experience in a financial service setting.
* Prior experience on reporting year end while assessing new standards and impact of new standards.
* Experience with advisory responsibilities is key as well as having knowledge on the transactions process.
* Strong IFRS accounting knowledge.
* To participate in strategic projects to ensure that all relevant IFRS accounting issues are considered, their impact fully understood, and business opportunities are maximised.
* To be involved in ad-hoc business projects as required and provide IFRS accounting advice and guidance.
* To act as a point of contact for areas across the Group for IFRS technical accounting queries.
* To participate in the development of the Group’s IFRS external reporting to the market, including the reporting of performance metrics.
* To research into current and emerging IFRS technical accounting issues and assess their impact on the Group’s IFRS results.
* To ensure that internal controls operate effectively, and adequate evidence is provided.
* A highly competitive salary.
* Wider Benefits package.
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter, and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 13600
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we’re advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.