Apprenticeship – Community Engagement and Volunteering
Contract: Fixed Term – 18 months
Hours: Full Time 38 hours per week
Salary:£12,941 per annum for the first year rising to £16,452 per annum in the second year
Location: Head Office (N17)/Outreach Office (E17) with regular travel in the community to Services
For more than 45 years, Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people in London and has grown from strength-to-strength. Everything we do at Outward is about promoting the choice and independence of vulnerable people to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community, and develop as individuals. We provide innovative and responsive housing, care, and support services that promote choice and independence for people with a variety of needs including people with learning disabilities, autism, older people, young people, and people with mental health support needs across North and East London.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in business administration working towards gaining a Level 3 Business Administrator standard.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and creative individual to join the Community Engagement and Volunteering Team to work in conjunction with Community Engagement, Volunteering and Co-Production Officer.
In this role, you will support our team to deliver exceptional community engagement programming and a rewarding experience for volunteers.
Desirable skills & Qualities
• 5 GCSE’s, grades A*- C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language & Maths)
• An interest in community engagement and/or the arts
• Passionate about supporting individuals with learning disabilities
• Strong organisational skills
• Flexible & reliable
• Demonstrate attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong IT skills
• Good understanding of Microsoft Office and Google Suites
• Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
• Video editing skills would be an asset
As a Community Engagement and Volunteering Apprentice, your duties would include:
• Assist with the implementation of the Better Impact volunteer management software
• Update and maintain volunteer databases
• Process volunteer applications and inquiries
• Assist in the creation of documentation (e.g. Volunteer Handbook for Services)
• Develop and create content for a bimonthly Community Engagement newsletter
• Engage with services to expand the reach of Community Engagement initiatives
• Create easy-read documentation to support projects and initiatives
• Assist with the organisation of clubs and activities (e.g. the Outward social, Choir, etc.)
• Assist with other general administrative tasks as needed
*This is not an exhaustive list
We value everything our staff do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package:
• Flexible working hours that will give you the work-life balance that is right for you
• Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
• Computing Scheme
• Credit Union Scheme
• Cycle-to-Work Scheme
• Death in Service Benefit
• Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
• Blue Light Card
• Eyecare Vouchers
• Flu Jab Reimbursement
• Long Service Awards
• Pension Scheme
• Purchase Additional Annual Leave
• Refer-a-Friend Scheme
• Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
Outward is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services for successful candidates. This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
The closing date for all applications is 9 am on 28th June 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing 5th July 2021
Outward is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please click 'Apply' to be redirected to our online application site.