If you are an experienced Hygiene Operative, looking for a fresh, clean challenge, we want to hear from you.
We have vacancies on Days or Nights with immediate starts. On Days you would be required to work 45 hours per week, either 4 or 5 days a week which will include working a Saturday or Sunday. On Nights you will be required to work 44 or 45 hours a week, working 4 or 5 nights which will include working a Friday or Sunday Night. Working Hours could be subject to change and flexibility will be required.
We pride ourselves on being a people focussed business. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business and is reflect in our Mission, Vison and Values statements.
The purpose of this role is to ensure high standards of hygiene throughout the factory. This is a very important role, and whilst experience in a fresh chilled meat environment would be advantageous, it is not essential. You will be working with a very supportive team, who will help you find your feet you in your new role.
Full training will be given, and you will be joining a great team with a real family atmosphere.
Responsibilities will include:
* Cleaning the factory plant, equipment and facilities
* Ensuring all machine parts are in good condition when cleaning and reassembling
* Dismantle and re-assemble the machine
* General Cleaning, some heavy lifting
* Emptying waste bins, bagging rubbish and making sure it is disposed of correctly into the skip
* Emptying cardboard using the compact machine
* Placing warning signs to alert people to potential hazards such as wet floors & spillages
* Ensuring cleaning products are stored correctly & safely
* Completing cleaning records
Keywords: Hygiene Operative | Cleaner | Maintenance | Food Hygiene | Food Safety | COSHH | Waste Management | Industrial Cleaning | Communication | Industrial Cleaning
* Will be able to follow the required quality and hygiene standards
* Self-motivated and flexible with a can-do attitude
* Good communication skills both written & verbal with strong attention to detail
* Ability to work as part of a team and also unsupervised
* A background in cleaning in a fresh chilled meat/poultry environment would be advantageous
* Basic Food Hygiene, knowledge of Food Safety and COSHH
* Experience in using industrial cleaning equipment and materials would be an advantage, but training will be provided
Birtwistle’s supplies to customers including Hotels, Restaurants, Public Houses, the Education Sector, Outdoor events and food manufacturers. We also provide national distribution via our own fleet and transport partners.
Birtwistle’s started life as a family butcher over 100 years ago. Since then, the business has changed dramatically and none more so than in recent years.
In 2003 MJ Birtwistle & Co Ltd was established and marked the start of a new era in our history. Our growth has been dramatic, with the business expanding from one site at Worsley to 8 sites across the UK.
We’re always looking for great people to come and work with us. If you’ve got the right passion, drive and will to succeed then we’ll nurture it and give you the opportunities to forge a successful career at Birtwistle’s.