Our client who are a global investment management firm are looking for a Corporate Tax associate to join their team. The ideal candidate will have extensive accounting experience; however, prior tax experience is not vital.
This role presents a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join a high quality, high performing in-house corporate tax function with significant exposure to complex tax compliance and reporting work, gaining valuable experience of tax laws and rules across the region, with some opportunity to experience other corporate tax-related projects and advisory work, where required.
* CA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with a strong background in accounting.
* Tax Exam qualified and strong practical Tax experience is preferable but not essential.
* Experience preferably in Financial Services (Asset Management in particular) is beneficial, but not essential.
* High level of technical proficiency in Excel and General Ledger applications, preferably knowledge of Oracle.
* Experience in preparing and/or reviewing CIT returns and calculations in the EMEA region.
* Ensuring timely and accurate provision of data for any corporate income tax (CIT) returns allocated to the individual, and independently liaising with third party tax advisors to prepare returns for submissions.
* Preparation of key supporting computations for UK CIT returns, such as for the Controlled Foreign Companies, and Corporate Interest Restrictions rules.
* Ensuring timely payment of all EMEA corporate tax liabilities as and when they arise throughout the year, with assistance and advice from external tax advisors if necessary.
* Reconciliation of monthly US GAAP Tax balance sheet accounts for EMEA entities.
* Preparation of annual statutory tax reporting requirements for EMEA entities.
* Preparation of tax workings for regulatory submissions for EMEA entities.
* Promptly responding to CIT queries from stakeholders whether these are from internal (other teams), external advisers, local tax authorities, or auditors, etc.
A highly competitive salary.
Wider Benefits package.
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 13578
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we’re advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.