These roles will be 20 hours per week, 8 hours on Saturday (05:00 – 13:30) and 12 hours on Sunday (09:30 – 22:00), £9.04 per hour.
Please do not apply if you are looking for other shifts.
We are looking for individuals like you who can join our mission to be the best that the industry has to offer.
We currently have a number of Weekend Warehouse Operative opportunities to join our team in our Bolton depot. Working alongside the operations team you will ensure that all warehousing activities you are asked to carry out are completed to a high degree of competency. You will work as part of a team as well individually to complete all reasonable requests made by the line supervisors and managers.
You will adhere to the Health & Safety, Mail Integrity and Company policy whilst conducting your work and must be prepared to apply for a standard disclosure prior to employment. You will also be required to wear company uniform and will be issued with an ID badge.
* Attendance and participation in team meetings, and communication within warehouse team.
* Ensuring a calm, competent, safe and professional work space environment.
* To work in conjunction with Warehouse Supervisor to record and report on Key Performance Indicators as per company specification to agreed deadlines.
* Ensuring that Customers Mail/ and/or parcels, is sorted and assembled correctly to the company guidelines.
* Ensuring that goods are received into the warehouse to set company guidelines.
* Ensuring that goods are stored within the warehouse to the set company guidelines.
* Ensuring that all Health and Safety, Security and Policy is followed.
* To know, understand and be able to help implement all functions within the warehouse.
* All reasonable management requests.
* To deliver a high-quality warehouse service to our customers.
* Act in a professional and courteous manner when dealing with both internal and external customers.
* Responsible for adherence with all Health & Safety policies defined by Whistl.
Keywords: Warehouse Operative | Operative | Warehouse | Flexible | Health and Safety | Customer Service | Communication | Sortation Systems | Part Time | Operations | KPIs | Stock Control | FLT | Fork Lift Truck
Please note you will also need to apply for a standard DBS when joining, and will be required to sit an English test.
23 days pro rata holiday, free parking, inclusive friendly team.
* Be well presented and able to maintain a high standard.
* Enjoy working as a team as well as alone.
* Available to work flexible hours as required, in a fast-paced environment.
* Dedicated & Motivated.
* Fluent in English.
* Numerate & Literate.
* Communication skills.
* Knowledge of Sortation principles.
* Health and Safety Training.
* Hold a Fork Lift Truck licence.
Whistl is the second largest postal provider in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels and Doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items.