Are you an experienced solicitor or Legal Counsel looking for a new opportunity? If so this could be the role for you. Our client, a global leading financial services firm are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join their team in Edinburgh.
Reporting to the Head of Adviser and Personal, Legal, the successful candidate will be instrumental in providing high quality legal advice typically at a senior management or executive level.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Solicitor with great communication skills and technical competence who is looking to develop a career and join a global financial services organisation.
* Proven experience working in a legal counsel role
* Legal qualification
* Member of applicable legal professional body for jurisdiction
* The role involves advising on regulations and laws relating to financial services platforms, SIPPs, Bonds, ISAs and similar products and therefore experience and knowledge in these areas is strongly preferred
* Experience and knowledge of customer terms and conditions and consumer rights legislation
* Experience and knowledge of competition law
* Experience and knowledge of FCA Conduct of Business Sourcebook and Client Assets Sourcebook
* Experience and knowledge of the platforms, advice and wealth management sectors
* Relationship building, engagement and role modelling
* Provide high quality legal advice to business stakeholders, typically at a senior management or executive level
* Attend and participate in forums, committees and projects as required as a representative of the wider function
* Provide detailed and complex specialist legal, technical and commercial input to projects or propositions to ensure that legal, regulatory and reputational risk is managed appropriately
* To promote the legal team and its functions and identify new areas/opportunities where value can be added
* Act as an alternate for, and provide holiday/absence cover for, the Head of Adviser and Personal, Legal as needed
* Actively lead, develop, coach and mentor more junior members of the team to maximise performance, effectiveness and engagement
* Work flexibly across different business areas supported by the team and provide cross-training opportunities and cross-coverage support
* Develop and maintain highly effective partnerships with senior internal and external customers and stakeholders in order that legal services provide best value and support the business cost effectively
* Role model and encourage cross-team collaboration
* Manage the effective use of external legal firms and other suppliers to ensure the most cost effective usage in support of the business where applicable and avoid any unnecessary expenditure
* Proactively keep abreast of legal and relevant regulatory changes
* A highly competitive salary
* Wider Benefits package
Job reference: (13395)
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we’re advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.