Our client who are a global investment management firm is looking for a highly skilled, qualified VAT professional, who is well organised and can manage multiple work streams with varied deadlines.
Sitting with the firm's Global Indirect Tax Group and reporting to the Global Head of Indirect Tax Compliance and Accounting. The role will principally involve the preparation of the firm’s UK VAT group VAT returns and the review and management of other VAT, GST and indirect tax returns across the EMEA, LATAM and APAC regions.
* CTA/ATT/CA/ACA, or equivalent, qualified.
* Minimum of 3 years’ continuous experience working in VAT while dealing with partially and fully exempt businesses.
* Experience working in Financial Services and/or a multinational organisation advantageous.
* Highly organised, strong attention to detail with ability to manage multiple work streams with varied deadlines.
* Have prior experience peer reviewing other team member’s work.
* Experience of Oracle preferred, but not essential.
* Preparation, completion and filing of the firm’s UK VAT group quarterly VAT returns.
* Preparation and completion of the firm’s UK Annual Adjustment and Capital Goods Scheme adjustment calculations.
* Review and management of VAT, GST and other indirect tax returns across EMEA, LATAM and APAC.
* Review of the firm’s fund VAT returns.
* VAT accounting for the firm’s UK entities, including posting adjustments to the general ledger; ensuring prompt resolution of any accounting issues; completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations; responding to queries from external auditors.
* Review of indirect tax accounting, including journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, for group entities in EMEA, LATAM and APAC.
* Actively contributing to the development and enhancement of indirect tax processes and controls.
* Supporting with project work, both indirect tax specific and the indirect tax aspects of wider organisational initiatives.
* A highly competitive salary.
* Wider Benefits package.
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 13579
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we’re advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.