A technology and defence (maritime) organisation are looking to add a FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) Engineer to the team in Dorset. The successful candidate will be joining the team with to develop programmable logic design solutions, to high functional integrity levels.
* Translate customer requirements into a firmware specification.
* Create feasible preliminary architectures from the firmware specifications.
* Carry out detailed implementation of RTL, constrained Place and Route and timing closure.
* Derive verification plans to address design requirements.
* Prepare related test cases to verify that the implemented design meets the requirements.
* Design and utilise both unit level and BFM style verification test benches to exercise RTL.
* Produce accurate written documentation to fully support the design for both internal and external customers.
* Proficiency in the use of a simulation tool e.g. ModelSim, Active-HDL,
* Proficient in the use of Vendor design tools such as Xilinx Vivado or Altera Quartus Prime
* Design and delivery of digital systems targeted at Programmable Logic Devices
* IP Block design and Delivery
* FPGA Verification using Self-Checking Testbenches
* Producing high quality behavioural models