- Bachelor’s degree. Experience can be substituted for education.
- Working knowledge of the computer, an internet browser, and productivity software such as Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Sound organizational and communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Highly detail-oriented, analytical, methodical AND creative thinker committed to driving quality forward.
- Follows established procedures and is dedicated to identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements.
- Access to a secure, high speed internet connection.
- Comfortable and adaptable in a dynamic working environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to deliver high-quality work on time.
- Naturally driven with an ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrates an interest in Assistive Technology (AT).
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in an Assistive Technology (AT) or related field.
- Experience with content curation of large databases.
- Experience with telecommuting.
Part-Time. 20-40 weekly hours. Flexible schedule.
6 months with the possibility for an extension, dependent upon project needs and performance.
$15.00 - $20.00 / hour, dependent upon qualifications and first month’s performance.
Telecommute. There is also a possibility to work in office in College Park, Maryland, US, if preferred.
TO APPLY, please send your resume and cover letter.
Raising the Floor is an organization of diverse people from industry, academia, NGOs and other sectors who have come together to ensure that people who face barriers due to disability, literacy, digital-literacy, and aging are able to fully understand, access, and use the digital world we are creating (the web, computers, tablets, phones, educational materials, ticket machines, thermostats, and even home appliances).