VP Compound Management – South France
Drug Discovery – High Throughput Screening – Compound Library – Small Molecules – New Modalities – Automation – Leadership
Paramount Recruitment is working with a leading player in the drug discovery field who is looking for a key member of their Compound Management leadership team in South France. This role will be leading one of the largest Compound groups in the industry which will continue to grow in line with their 5 year plan. The team have already extended their site, and have high class equipment to deliver more compounds.
This company has been established for almost 30 years and has built substantial drug discovery expertise and industrialized platform that can drive new innovative drugs into the clinic. They have key therapeutic expertise in neuroscience, immunology, metabolic diseases, oncology and infectious diseases. This position requires an experienced leader capable of overseeing a department of more than 50 people (4-5 direct reports) and develop external relationships in parallel.
The VP requires a scientific and business mindset to work at a high level on the future strategy of Compound Management. How they should be advancing their equipment, improving the delivery of compounds and success rates, and being the core interface for HTS, Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology.
• Manage a compound management department and develop collaborators
• Ensure the management of activities (management, preparation and distribution of compounds as part of the team's activities)
• Follow the performance indicators of your team
• Manage cross-functional interactions within the framework of activities related to the chemical library with other departments
• Manage the customer relationship as part of the management of a project
• Carry out a technological and scientific watch
• Contribute or lead continuous improvement projects, which can benefit from the tools of the lean methodology.
• Carry out its activities in compliance with applicable Quality procedures, as well as in compliance with applicable health, safety, security and environmental rules.
• Ensure the respect of the contract engagement related to key deliverables / milestones delivery, internal and external resources, budget and timelines, while ensuring high scientific quality
• Manage the internal communication and external communication related to the project, in relation with business development and Alliance management when appropriate
• PhD in Life Science area such as Chemistry, Biology, Engineering
• A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry, with proven achievements
• Experienced scientist and managerial team leader.
• Confirmed scientific experience in a scientific field of Drug Discovery
• Strong understanding automation, data management and informatics tools
• Ability to manage a team and to cross-cooperate
• Excellent scientific project management
• Sense of contact, sense of customer-supplier relationship
• Good communication, presentation and customer relationship management
• Adaptability, responsiveness and respect for deadlines
• Lean management/Agile method knowledge
• Fluency in French and English would be ideal
Please don’t hesitate to contact us or apply to this advert to discuss this further!
Keywords: Compound Management, High Throughput Screening, Project Management, Drug Discovery, Small Molecules, Chemistry, Biology, South France, French, Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, Biotechnology